Brand:

Cannondale

Model:

Evo 6

Year:

Colour:

white

More about the bike:

Like new, Cannondale EVO 6, full carbon, carbon wheels, 10 speed durace, white with black cannondale, fizik saddle, as I'm not sure what year is the bike, choose the lowest available date

Incident details

Date of incident:

28/02/2021

Woodstock, Western Cape

Incident type:

Theft from Home / Private Premises

Police Station:

Woodstock

Case Number:

CAS288/2/2021

More about the incident:

Stolen from the BMC aka Bicycle Maintenance Company in Albert Road, Salt River, bicycle was brought in for a service (R750.00).
The only bicycle was stolen is mine, the owners response was-you signed the disclaimer, go claim from your insurance. The shop owners choose not pay or selected the cover that would cover the 3rd party goods, feeling the pressure from me, claimed from their insurance via a public liabilty (had zero chances of succeeding) and of course the claim was repudiated. If you have NO insurance this is what's going to happen to you (unless they came to their senses and selected an additional cover), I would avoid this shop like a plague even if you have all sort of insurance in world, as in my case their customer service was NON-EXISTENT. They came up with the story that their broker had advised (sounded more like gave an order) not to engage with any form of contact to with me , the story their broker had denied. Pity as the owner has apparently a good reputation within the cycling community!!!

profile-image
CEMEH

Woodstock, Western Cape

profile-image
AdamA

Bike was stolen on the 28 Feb 2021 and you are only reporting it today??? 

23 Mar 2021 17:31

profile-image
Skubarra

I suspect this is the reincarnation of that other thread that went way off topic? Maybe we should at least start off by not trolling the OP?

23 Mar 2021 17:38

profile-image
Patchelicious

Did you try and claim from your insurance? 

23 Mar 2021 17:48

profile-image
eddy

Stolen: Cannondale Evo 6 2016

When: 28 February 2021

Where: Cape Town, Western Cape

Stolen from the BMC aka Bicycle Maintenance Company in Albert Road, Salt River, bicycle was brought in for a service (R750.00).

The only bicycle was stolen is mine, the owners response was-you signed the disclaimer, go claim from your insurance. The shop owners choose not pay or selected the cover that would cover the 3rd party goods, feeling the pressure from me, claimed from their insurance via a public liabilty (had zero chances of succeeding) and of course the claim was repudiated. If you have NO insurance this is what's going to happen to you (unless they came to their senses and selected an additional cover), I would avoid this shop like a plague even if you have all sort of insurance in world, as in my case their customer service was NON-EXISTENT. They came up with the story that their broker had advised (sounded more like gave an order) not to engage with any form of contact to with me , the story their broker had denied. Pity as the owner has apparently a good reputation within the cycling community!!!

Get further details about the incident in the Stolen Bikes section

Thank you for finally naming the shop.

I will go and spend my money there when I go to Cape Town in April to compensate them for having had to deal with a customer  like you.

23 Mar 2021 17:53

profile-image
J Wakefield

I will go and spend my money there when I go to Cape Town in April to compensate them for having had to deal with a customer  like you.

Im with this all the way. 

23 Mar 2021 18:02

profile-image
ChrisF

....-you signed the disclaimer, go claim from your insurance.....

and that is the punch line ....

SORRY for your loss.  Does not change the fact that you signed the disclaimer.

23 Mar 2021 18:06

profile-image
Eddy Gordo

I will never do business with them.

They had a bike advertised. I called, said I am coming over with cash. I arrived there 10min later and they had "sold" it already. A week or 2 later the same bike was advertised on gumtree for more by someone who knows a person working there. I left it there never to return. This was before their move.

23 Mar 2021 18:08

profile-image
shaper

You signed a waiver and agreed to the shops terms and conditions. The shop and broker have every right not to engage with you and only provide you with the necessay information to claim off your own insuance.

You also seem rather confused in that you say customer service is non existent, yet you also say they assisted by trying to claim off their own insurance which was unsuccessful. Seems they actually went out of their way to assist, even though the waiver you signed absolved them from doing so.

As you mention people having no insurance, I suspect you mean yourself. If so a tough lesson to learn the hard way!

Much advice has been given to you on the previous thread and am sure this one too. I would suggest you leave it and move on, hope you can find a replacement bike soon and get back to riding.

23 Mar 2021 18:12

profile-image
Steady Spin

For the love of the Livestrong Foundation, please just let this die.

23 Mar 2021 18:19

profile-image
CEMEH

Of  course you welcome to spend your money anywhere you like, and in case you break your leg there, they have a public liability (:

23 Mar 2021 18:58

profile-image
OVERDRIVE

For the love of the Livestrong Foundation, please just let this die.

PLEASE 

23 Mar 2021 19:14

profile-image
JScottP

You won’t believe it, this happened to another guy last month as well, he also created a thread, but unfortunately he did not get the sympathy or answers he wanted so he lambasted everyone else as idiots and morons.

Maybe go read that thread, it has some really good advice, but it does get quite long, so the short of it was for the gentleman, who doesn’t like how the world works and how customer service must apply very differently for him, should just claim from his own insurance.

23 Mar 2021 19:16

profile-image
AdamA

Your last thread it was a Stolen 2018 Cannondale Evo 6, and this one is a 2016? 

Are the facts changing or did you miss represent the value of the bike in the previous thread?

23 Mar 2021 19:19

profile-image
Pure Savage

Thoughts and prayers

23 Mar 2021 19:19

profile-image
Pure Savage

Are the facts changing or did you miss represent the value of the bike in the previous thread?

Needs the thread to match his insurance claim.

23 Mar 2021 19:20

profile-image
Eugene

You won’t believe it, this happened to another guy last month as well, he also created a thread, but unfortunately he did not get the sympathy or answers he wanted so he lambasted everyone else as idiots and morons.

Maybe go read that thread, it has some really good advice, but it does get quite long, so the short of it was for the gentleman, who doesn’t like how the world works and how customer service must apply very differently for him, should just claim from his own insurance.

I think it's the same guy you are talking about.

23 Mar 2021 19:37

profile-image
CEMEH

Everyone is entitled to have an own opinion on what the customer service is! "Do you know why you can't have sex on Red Square ??? Because they will torture you with advices.

Why is everyone so eagerly trying to impose their advice and knowledge, if they are not asked for it ???

Hope none of you will have the same experience.

23 Mar 2021 19:40

profile-image
Pure Savage

Its now the 1992 model...

23 Mar 2021 20:08

profile-image
Pure Savage

Everyone is entitled to have an own opinion on what the customer service is! "Do you know why you can't have sex on Red Square ??? Because they will torture you with advices.

Why is everyone so eagerly trying to impose their advice and knowledge, if they are not asked for it ???

You are not just stating the facts. You said "I would avoid like the plague" You also deemed customer service should cover things not in the contract between you and the service provider. 

I think its just to add a little insight incase someone else was to stumble onto this thread in the future. One of our riders has just had a frame repaired and resprayed here and it looks stunning and the customer service was top notch.

23 Mar 2021 20:11

profile-image
BaGearA

There seems to have been a glitch in the matrix

I feel like I've seen this before

23 Mar 2021 20:12

profile-image
J Wakefield

Thoughts and prayers

Hands together....

23 Mar 2021 20:21

profile-image
New world disorder

Cant someone just block this twat on bikehub ?

23 Mar 2021 20:25

profile-image
J Wakefield

How is your friend coming on with your legal case of suing the shop for your 2018 or 2016 or whatever year you decide it is on the next thread you make bike that you cannot claim on your personal insurance cause your ratio is through he roof from previous claims? Unless you the unluckiest person alive - it happens - this is a red flag to me.

PS: As you say everyone is entitled to their own opinion on customer service. So why you have a meltdown and shout louder when people here done agree with your opinion?

Sort your closet out and get a new bike through your insurance. 

Or take up extreme ironing or something.

23 Mar 2021 20:27

profile-image
Gen

There seems to have been a glitch in the matrix

I feel like I've seen this before

I don't even know what is real anymore.. [emoji43]

23 Mar 2021 20:32

profile-image
Shebeen

He does say 1992 now as the actual date of the bike is not known.

Looks like Lance rode 10 speed dura ace in paris in 2003, so who knows.

(I'm guessing it's a bit more recent than that, being "like new" and all)

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/icons-cycling-shimano-dura-ace-7800-234815

23 Mar 2021 20:34

profile-image
AdamA

With OP changing the dates on the bike model, the are to many coincidences for my liking. 

2020/10/22 CEMEH joins BikeHub

2020/10/24 Single bike gets stolen form BMC *

https://community.bikehub.co.za/stolenbikes/1488-silverback-slider-2019/

4 months later (too the day)

2021/02/24** CEMEH takes his bike to BMC for service (and leaves it there for more than 4 days which seems excessive for a road bike service)

2021/02/28 Single bike gets stolen from BMC and OP tries to claim from stores insurance instead of his own.

* This stolen bike was pointed out by OP in the previous thread 

** This date was stated by OP on the previous thread

23 Mar 2021 21:47

profile-image
AdamA

He does say 1992 now as the actual date of the bike is not known.

Looks like Lance rode 10 speed dura ace in paris in 2003, so who knows.

(I'm guessing it's a bit more recent than that, being "like new" and all)

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/icons-cycling-shimano-dura-ace-7800-234815

According to BikeRumor its a 2012 model

https://bikerumor.com/2011/05/06/cannondale-unveils-2012-supersix-evo-road-bike-695g-frame/

(if it was the Green 2012 model it would be in "Mint Condition")

23 Mar 2021 22:04

profile-image
CEMEH

With OP changing the dates on the bike model, the are to many coincidences for my liking. 

2021/02/24** CEMEH takes his bike to BMC for service (and leaves it there for more than 4 days which seems excessive for a road bike service)

2021/02/28 Single bike gets stolen from BMC and OP tries to claim from stores insurance instead of his own.

Firstly how relevant is to this thread the manufacturing date of bicycle? 

Secondly the reference to the stolen bike (in October) was made to point out that unfortunately its NOT an isolated incident to that bike shop.

Thirdly its an absurd conspiracy theory, that will fall like the deck of cards, call the shop to confirm

23 Mar 2021 22:54

profile-image
CEMEH

You certainly have a wild fantasy, like George Costanza said it ones: its NOt a lie, if you believe.   

23 Mar 2021 22:58

profile-image
Patchelicious

TIMEH!!

23 Mar 2021 23:15

profile-image
AdamA

Secondly the reference to the stolen bike (in October) was made to point out that unfortunately its NOT an isolated incident to that bike shop.

Thirdly its an absurd conspiracy theory, that will fall like the deck of cards, call the shop to confirm

The model date is very relavent when estimating the value of the bike when claiming from insurance. Even more so when you're claiming from someone else's insurance

24 Mar 2021 05:44

profile-image
peetwindhoek

If I understand correctly the OP has now lost 3 bikes?

24 Mar 2021 06:34

profile-image
gerriemtb

F

24 Mar 2021 07:13

profile-image
AdamA

If I understand correctly the OP has now lost 3 bikes?

I can't be certain... but due to his high claims ratio discussed on the previous thread, it could be more than 3.  

24 Mar 2021 07:42

profile-image
Raf

Signing a disclaimer is one aspect... Sadly your bike is gone

Does the shop not have CCTV footage?

Would be interested to know if the staff were investigated?

Everyone feels f@k@l until it's their bike that goes missing... Then the thread would read very differently

If I was you, make it the cops issue to investigate throughly

This won't guarantee your bike back or replaced but hopefully it will make the shop owners a bit more responsible to ensuse better security measures

24 Mar 2021 07:45

profile-image
Skubarra

Not sure how one respond to this "suggestion" without being really sarcastic

24 Mar 2021 07:50

profile-image
FootballingCyclist

After 2 threads, 75646738789475474 pages(ok maybe a few more but I'm guestimating here), 3 year models, a few morons and other things, I do not recall the OP EVER saying, Hi Guys, My bike was stolen, Please keep a lookout for a Cannondale Supersix with xyz parts, xyz wheelset, xyz colour bar tape and pedals and perhaps any other kind of info which could help one identify his bike. Seems he came to bikehub to share his opinion of customer service and that's that and those who didn't agree were all those other funny things he said. OP, You DEFINITELY haven't made many friends the past few weeks and very few who may now even bother to keep an eye out for your bike sorry to say.

24 Mar 2021 07:54

profile-image
AdamA

Everyone feels f@k@l until it's their bike that goes missing... Then the thread would read very differently

This won't guarantee your bike back or replaced but hopefully it will make the shop owners a bit more responsible to ensuse better security measures

You may have missed the other thread where the OP. 

Originally didn't mention that he signed an "at own risk' Disclaimer

Slated the (unmentioned) bike shop for bad customer service

Threatened to sue them multiple times

Started miss-quoting CPA

Called us Morons and FOOLs for not agreeing with him. 

... all this while having his own insurance which he should have claimed from.

This thread was a take-two on his attempt to get everyone to grab there pitch forks and gather outside the bike shop. 

24 Mar 2021 08:23

profile-image
Pure Savage

I handed the police my Stolen 2017 Cannondale Supersix 7 months ago and they have not been able to wrap up the case. The thief provided fake details *SHOCK HORROR* to  Cash Crusaders and he cannot contact the seller. He is still investigating though.... 

24 Mar 2021 08:44

profile-image
Skubarra

I handed the police my Stolen 2017 Cannondale Supersix 7 months ago and they have not been able to wrap up the case. The thief provided fake details *SHOCK HORROR* to  Cash Crusaders and he cannot contact the seller. He is still investigating though.... 

Similar story with my stolen bike few years back, everything handed on a plate for the police to just wrap up but nothing... Case only got solved because someone I know knows someone who are buddies with the station commander and some unofficial calls were made to plead my case.

24 Mar 2021 08:56

profile-image
TCTG

Shame man, its a k@k feeling if your bike is stolen. I have been down that road.

24 Mar 2021 08:57

profile-image
Patchelicious

Shame man, its a k@k feeling if your bike is stolen. I have been down that road.

Not cool. Did you get a new bike?

24 Mar 2021 08:58

profile-image
LongDonkey

AAAAAAHHHH, the thread that keeps on giving. Gotta love the determination here by OP. 

24 Mar 2021 09:32

profile-image
Patchelicious

AAAAAAHHHH, the thread that keeps on giving. Gotta love the determination here by OP.

If he channeled this determination and energy to his own insurance, he would have a SuperSix, System Six and Lefty, signed by Fumic himself, by now.

24 Mar 2021 09:34

profile-image
TCTG

Not cool. Did you get a new bike?

Unfortunately not, I had my Bianchi built up through John o Conner when he still worked in Durbanville for that other outfit and I thought my listing of the stolen bike is still on the hub. This happened more than 10 years ago, it was a foreign outfit that operated in the area and the bike was just over a month old. Delayed having insurance done on the bike, learnt a lesson and bike was never to be seen again. It most probably found its way to Malawi, famous for stolen bikes, just like my friend who most recently had his Colnago stolen. His bike appeared on FB market place in a town famous for all sorts of stolen goods. Even with the his efforts of engaging with the local bicycle organizations they could not retrieve the bike. In fact the dude that was selling the bike wanted more for the bike once he found out the owner was looking to have the bike returned. He had his bike insured but because there was no forced entry into his car the insurance declined to pay the bike but out of goodwill returned all his premiums paid.

So, its not a good feeling and you sort of get muddle up in all sorts of theories when the deed is done. After a while clarity sets in, acceptance happens and you move on.

24 Mar 2021 09:42

profile-image
J Wakefield

In today's times break ins are not a uncommon at bike shops. I know of a bike shop that has been broken in numerous times by breaking doors, driving a bakkie into the front shop front and and and. 

Its just unfortunate this time it was your bike. 

But F me dude, the way you going on, I would hate to know what happened or the abuse the shop would get if your gears weren't crisp after the service. 

24 Mar 2021 09:52

profile-image
J Wakefield

If he channeled this determination and energy to his own insurance, he would have a SuperSix, System Six and Lefty, signed by Fumic himself, by now.

Maybe even call in a favour and ask Hatherly to sign it. 

24 Mar 2021 09:53

profile-image
babse

quite obvious that "pro bona" case isn't going as sweet as expected...  

24 Mar 2021 09:55

profile-image
eddy

24 Mar 2021 09:55

profile-image
Shebeen

I'm just impressed by the hub's maturity here. No one (to my knowledge) has slated the saddle bag or the bonaqua bidon yet. 

but fourthly you did call Neil's Wheels a reputable shop on the other thread so it's very hard to take you seriously.

24 Mar 2021 09:58

profile-image
eddy

I'm just impressed by the hub's maturity here. No one (to my knowledge) has slated the saddle bag or the bonaqua bidon yet. 

Don't come here on the interwebs and display your ignorance.

The saddle bag and Bonaqua bidon was appropriately dealt with in season one, episode one of the saga.

Even my SO, noticed the bidon and mentioned that it looked siff on a Cannondale.  

24 Mar 2021 10:14

profile-image
AdamA

yes.... but would he have the 'Customer Service' one would expect with 3 new bikes? 

24 Mar 2021 11:00

profile-image
WR 1.0

yes.... but would he have the 'Customer Service' one would expect with 3 new bikes?

That would be the right thing to do.....

24 Mar 2021 11:17

profile-image
AdamA

That would be the right thing to do.....

I think it would be REASONABLE!

24 Mar 2021 11:31

profile-image
Eldron

This saga has won the Internet. Twice.

24 Mar 2021 11:50

profile-image
Skubarra

This saga has won the Internet. Twice.

Cant help but think that while hubbers think they are clever by continuously posting on this thread to correct/educate the OP the OP is just having a jol by being the ultimate troll

24 Mar 2021 11:55

profile-image
FootballingCyclist

Cant help but think that while hubbers think they are clever by continuously posting on this thread to correct/educate the OP the OP is just having a jol by being the ultimate troll drol

Fixed.

24 Mar 2021 11:58

profile-image
Jewbacca

To be fair, everyone commenting on thread are just a bunch of Lennart Bedragers.....

24 Mar 2021 12:36

profile-image
eddy

To be fair, everyone commenting on thread are just a bunch of Lennart Bedragers.....

I suspect the OP feels more like Kenny.......

24 Mar 2021 12:42

profile-image
Jewbacca

I suspect the OP feels more like Kenny.......

The OP is so skankhunt42!

24 Mar 2021 12:44

profile-image
Patchelicious

Cant help but think that while hubbers think they are clever by continuously posting on this thread to correct/educate the OP the OP is just having a jol by being the ultimate troll

If the OP is causing all this damage to B.M.C, simply to troll, then its even worse.

24 Mar 2021 13:20

profile-image
Patchelicious

Schutterend? 

24 Mar 2021 13:21

profile-image
Shebeen

i had to google that

Skankhunt42.png

24 Mar 2021 14:02

profile-image
TheoG

Eish, I thought we saw the end of this thread long ago ...   :wacko:

24 Mar 2021 14:06

profile-image
Raf

lets not move focus now boys... why cant the shop supply the most that they can to show that they have done enough to help...

instead you move focus to SAPS... 

Realistically, did someone just walk in as take a bike?

Surely the store should take some ownership around loosing a customers property

Yes there is no need to replace the bike as the customer has signed the little piece of paper...

Store is still hiding behind that little piece of paper though

24 Mar 2021 14:12

profile-image
JScottP

lets not move focus now boys... why cant the shop supply the most that they can to show that they have done enough to help...

Yes there is no need to replace the bike as the customer has signed the little piece of paper...

Let’s be honest, I don’t think we have got even half the truth from the OP in terms of what the shop did immediately after the theft, in terms of an email, and if so the OP can upload a pic of the email.

Secondly, the way the OP has carried on indicates this person acts as the same in person. So do you think the shop wouldn’t have tried to assist at first, only to receive the same language, accusations that we have seen from him on these threads, and thought, stuff him, he can go claim from his own insurance.

24 Mar 2021 14:35

profile-image
WR 1.0

Did you miss the original thread where this whole debacle started?

24 Mar 2021 14:46

profile-image
TheoG

Did you miss the original thread where this whole debacle started?

Clearly !

24 Mar 2021 14:46

profile-image
TheoG

I think it would be REASONABLE!

Please don't start with the REASONABLE thing again.  I might just get un-reasonable again ...  :whistling:

24 Mar 2021 14:56

profile-image
nickc

Let’s be honest, I don’t think we have got even half the truth from the OP in terms of what the shop did immediately after the theft, in terms of an email, and if so the OP can upload a pic of the email.

Secondly, the way the OP has carried on indicates this person acts as the same in person. So do you think the shop wouldn’t have tried to assist at first, only to receive the same language, accusations that we have seen from him on these threads, and thought, stuff him, he can go claim from his own insurance.

If he cannot claim from his Insurance he should make enough from selling the movie rights to buy a new Dale.

Only a movie plot can have all these twists and turns.

24 Mar 2021 14:59

profile-image
Skubarra

I was merely commenting on your faith in the SAPS willingness and ability to help resolve this.

On the rest, feel free to continue to speculate on what the shop & OP should or should not have done, I'm just here for the entertainment.

24 Mar 2021 15:00

profile-image
TheoG

I was merely commenting on your faith in the SAPS willingness and ability to help resolve this.

On the rest, feel free to continue to speculate on what the shop & OP should or should not have done, I'm just here for the entertainment.

+1

Had more than my turn to get overly involved, now its purely entertainment  :) . 

24 Mar 2021 15:04

profile-image
Bloukrans

Not again...

post-41124-0-15394500-1616591439_thumb.jpg

24 Mar 2021 15:11

profile-image
CEMEH

The model date is very relavent when estimating the value of the bike when claiming from insurance. Even more so when you're claiming from someone else's insurance

Let me make it very clear for you, I did NOT claim from their isurance, (its again an absurd assumpton), they BMC lodge a claim with their insurance knowing that such claim will be entertained, they estimated the replacement value. I had nothing to do with it, hope that will go on record

24 Mar 2021 15:21

profile-image
Patchelicious

Let me make it very clear for you, I did NOT claim from their isurance, (its again an absurd assumpton), they BMC lodge a claim with their insurance knowing that such claim will be entertained, they estimated the replacement value. I had nothing to do with it, hope that will go on record

Did you end up claiming from YOUR insurance?

24 Mar 2021 15:26

profile-image
WR 1.0

I cant wait for the 3rd instalment of this soap opera to hit the Hub next week on the 1st of April.

24 Mar 2021 15:37

profile-image
Pure Savage

Record duly noted your honor. 

24 Mar 2021 15:57

profile-image
eddy

Please don't start with the REASONABLE thing again.  I might just get un-reasonable again ...  :whistling:

Only if I chip in ...... :whistling:  :whistling:

24 Mar 2021 16:03

profile-image
CEMEH

Your comment is spot on!

24 Mar 2021 16:04

profile-image
Patchelicious

I cant wait for the 3rd instalment of this soap opera to hit the Hub next week on the 1st of April.

Who needs "Drive to Survive" when we have "Going to court as first Resort" right here!

24 Mar 2021 16:05

profile-image
Patchelicious

They don't feel f@k@l, a reasonable person will simply claim from their own insurance when their bikes go missing, as many posters here have done when losing a bike. 

24 Mar 2021 16:08

profile-image
WR 1.0

Most of us started feeling F-all after being called Morons

24 Mar 2021 16:13

profile-image
CEMEH

The letter of demand will be served, hopefully this week followed by the summons. Will entertain the claim to the end and will keep you posted. In the meantime take your precious bikes there for the service, to support his legal expenses   

24 Mar 2021 16:14

profile-image
J Wakefield

The letter of demand will be served, hopefully this week followed by the summons. Will entertain the claim to the end and will keep you posted. In the meantime take your precious bikes there for the service, to support his legal expenses   

Which could actually turn into your forthcoming legal expenses.

But hey, here we are 2.0

24 Mar 2021 16:19

profile-image
shaper

Cool a pro-bono letter of demand that will be responded to.  If you legal mate advises you that you will get a quick summary judgement, he is sadly mistaken and misguiding you.

You will then be in for submission fees to court and advocate fees should you wish to consider it, which will likely cost more than the bike.

Nothing like throwing your money away, good luck with that !!

24 Mar 2021 16:21

profile-image
FootballingCyclist

I reckon the original thread would have read very differently if the OP had made his post and asked people to be on the lookout for his bike instead of coming to Bikehub wielding a flame thrower and seeking pitty and also not called everyone morons for not agreeing with him.

24 Mar 2021 16:29

profile-image
FootballingCyclist

Cool a pro-bono letter of demand that will be responded to.  If you legal mate advises you that you will get a quick summary judgement, he is sadly mistaken and misguiding you.

You will then be in for submission fees to court and advocate fees should you wish to consider it, which will likely cost more than the bike.

Nothing like throwing your money away, good luck with that !!

How dare you offer sound legal advice here. The OP and his attorney mate are right and that's that!!

24 Mar 2021 16:31

profile-image
rorydewet

whoa boy

after a letter of demand you have to wait 2 weeks to get a response before issuing a summons

and if i was the bike shop i would get a friendly lawyer to draw up an answering affidavit including the indemnity signed by you and tell you to take your letter of demand and file it in file 13

no court after been given a copy of the indemnity will ever issue a summons when you signed you signed away all rights to make the shop responsible

believe you me courts dont issue summons based on one side of the argument

and his signed indemnity will trump any reasons you might think of to summons him

good luck to you, I would like to say you a person who knows nothing about law

but ill be nice and say you very misinformed

24 Mar 2021 16:38

profile-image
Patchelicious

How dare you offer sound legal advice here. The OP and his attorney mate are right and that's that!!

Hope the attorney mate gives him better advice than his broker mate did, but it doesnt look like it.

24 Mar 2021 16:38

profile-image
eddy

whoa boy

and if i was the bike shop i would get a friendly lawyer to draw up an answering affidavit including the indemnity signed by you and tell you to take your letter of demand and file it in file 13 hand the matter over to my insurance company whose legal department will be well versed in these matters and will carry the cost (until you lose).

24 Mar 2021 17:44

profile-image
ChrisF

whoa boy

and if i was the bike shop i would get a friendly lawyer to draw up an answering affidavit including the indemnity signed by you and tell you to take your letter of demand and file it in file 13 hand the matter over to my insurance company whose legal department will be well versed in these matters and will carry the cost (until you lose). Which legal department is also well versed in claiming their costs for frivolous law suits.

:whistling:

24 Mar 2021 17:57

profile-image
Jewbacca

This poor horse.... 

24 Mar 2021 18:01

profile-image
splat

This poor horse.... 

It's now a zombie horse and is trying to get away, but keeps getting brought back for some more beating.

I am pretty sure it has also been led to the water several times, but won't drink. Because zombie.

24 Mar 2021 18:18

profile-image
TheoG

Its a dead horse as far as I'm concerned ....  :wacko:

24 Mar 2021 18:43

profile-image
Irons

BikeHub 'year in review' should have a 'comment of the year section', and this should be it.

24 Mar 2021 18:44

profile-image
Kranswurm

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

24 Mar 2021 19:06

profile-image
FootballingCyclist

Hope the attorney mate gives him better advice than his broker mate did, but it doesnt look like it.

Judging by the "advice" given, it's possibly the same oke... Watched too many episodes of suites I reckon.

24 Mar 2021 19:14

profile-image
LongDonkey

Come on guys, lets throw a pro bone to the OP here. Maybe start with a crowd fund to help him get a new bike on the road.
I have a set of (mostly working) DUB crank bearings from a fixer upper i am busy with. Is there an address we can send the parts to?

24 Mar 2021 21:03

profile-image
FreeReza

Come on guys, lets throw a pro bone to the OP here. Maybe start with a crowd fund to help him get a new bike on the road.

I have a set of (mostly working) DUB crank bearings from a fixer upper i am busy with. Is there an address we can send the parts to?

I have a mint condition Bonaqua bidon that I can contribute.

24 Mar 2021 21:17

profile-image
stefmeister

You man? He has insurance.

I’d rather crowd fund the lawyer fees for the bike shop the fight this chop to the bitter end.

25 Mar 2021 06:12

profile-image
BaGearA

You man? He has insurance.

I’d rather crowd fund the lawyer fees for the bike shop the fight this chop to the bitter end.

Same

25 Mar 2021 08:12

profile-image
Bomberman

This poor horse

post-59319-0-19302300-1616654839_thumb.png

25 Mar 2021 08:45

profile-image
Patchelicious

This poor horse....

Still taken less of a beating than the bike shop.

25 Mar 2021 08:56

profile-image
Slowbee

If you okes are up for a crowdfund, we need to get Cois a kickr...... even 2nd hand.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/179564-diagnosed-with-stage-4-cancer-the-long-winding-road-it-has-become/page-70

:whistling:  :clap: 

25 Mar 2021 09:28

profile-image
TheoG

While we at it, I need a Elite Suito ....   :whistling:  :P

25 Mar 2021 09:52

profile-image
Patchelicious

532hvg.jpg

25 Mar 2021 10:18

profile-image
Christie

Number of post here perhaps due to a slowwwwww day on the hub. (Let me help by posting one more)

25 Mar 2021 10:27

profile-image
'Dale

532hvg.jpg

Geez, this made me giggle like a schoolgirl.

Brilliant, Patch'. 

25 Mar 2021 12:17

profile-image
Edereese

This is going from bad to worse. Ek sal nooit my naam so tottie maak nie.

25 Mar 2021 12:44

profile-image
Shebeen

all rather confusing to a simple person like me.

I'm not sure i follow this - so shop has claimed from insurance already and expect a payout - the issue you have is that the value is different to what you feel it is?

And while you do have insurance you haven't claimed, but just sent a letter that you won't claim?

so is this estimated replacement value different to your insured value - some actual numbers here would be lekker.

letter of demand means insurance was rejected either by insurer or you?

25 Mar 2021 12:44

profile-image
Andreas_187

Judging by the "advice" given, it's possibly the same oke... Watched too many episodes of suites I reckon.

They should rename this thread

"One man who had his bike stolen Vs 500 internet lawyers who watch suites"

25 Mar 2021 16:36

profile-image
Patchelicious

They should rename this thread

"One man who had his bike stolen Vs 500 internet lawyers who watch suites"

I don't think the several insurance or legal expert opinions given on the various threads are big watchers of suits to be honest.

25 Mar 2021 16:49

profile-image
Jewbacca

Is Suits the show with the chick that was recently on Oprah?

My missus watched half of season 1 a few years ago. We aren't big TV watchers. 

I prefer books and family... and sleep

25 Mar 2021 17:56

profile-image
Andreas_187

I think I flew over your head, I was being a sarcastic w**ker because the guy giving his 2 cents worth would have difficulty wearing that suite

25 Mar 2021 18:32

profile-image
Patchelicious

25 Mar 2021 18:35

profile-image
Skylark

I wonder if the op has informed his insurer of the loss of his bike, you are supposed to do so within 30days whether you claim or not.

If the op's pro-boner law suit is thrown out of court due to being frivolous can he be held liable for covering the defendant's costs?

25 Mar 2021 18:55

profile-image
splat

I don't think the several insurance or legal expert opinions given on the various threads are big watchers of suits to be honest.

Everyone should have watched Suits

EN5QlYP.gif?noredirect

25 Mar 2021 19:08

profile-image
BevanHB

I believe you own a Cash Crusaders, would you care to share with the people on this thread the sales invoice showing how much you purchased this 1992,2016,2018 Cannondale for? Some of us would love to know.

25 Mar 2021 19:13

profile-image
Patchelicious

Oh boy

25 Mar 2021 19:15

profile-image
'Dale

I believe you own a Cash Crusaders, would you care to share with the people on this thread the sales invoice showing how much you purchased this 1992,2016,2018 Cannondale for? Some of us would love to know.

giphy.gif

25 Mar 2021 19:20

profile-image
CEMEH

Not a Franchisee of Crusaders, thus unable to provide you with the invoice.

Back to what I believe is reasonable and expected: I was expecting the following: BMC can get a pre-owned frame, load the same components (cost of labor is zero for them) and satisfy the customer whos heart was broken by unfortunate misfortune, the total cost to them probably would been less than R15k-20k, this is how I would of dealt with my customer!!!

Since it falls on the deaf ears prior: I'M NOT GOING TO CLAIM FROM MY INSURANCE, NEVER. 

I suffered a loss and therefore intend to recover it legally

25 Mar 2021 19:57

profile-image
Patchelicious

Back to what I believe is reasonable and expected: I was expecting the following: BMC can get a pre-owned frame, load the same components (cost of labor is zero for them) and satisfy the customer whos heart was broken by unfortunate misfortune, the total cost to them probably would been less than R15k-20k, this is how I would of dealt with my customer!!!

Since it falls on the deaf ears prior: I'M NOT GOING TO CLAIM FROM MY INSURANCE, NEVER. 

I took a loss and therefore intend to recover it legally

Then why have insurance? 

25 Mar 2021 20:02

profile-image
Patchelicious

Unlikely, not paying people is called slavery.

25 Mar 2021 20:03

profile-image
WR 1.0

Cost of labor is not R0, I'm sure the guy doing the job gets paid a salary.

I hope you've told your insurance company about the loss seeing as, as much as you hate it, it does affect your overall risk profile - you could have just as well claimed

25 Mar 2021 20:06

profile-image
CEMEH

I'd conservatively estimate, based on my personal experience, that Crusaders pay up to 30% for value of the item, the math's is simple pay less 70%, multiply it by 2, and the selling price would be around 40% less than the same from Game. Again I'm NOT part of Crusaders Franchise

The stolen black Cannondale was recovered not so long ago (late last year I my memory serves me well) from Milnerton Crusaders Franchaise, saw many posts on FB, was for sale at R17999.00, the exact specs are NOT know to me

25 Mar 2021 20:06

profile-image
shaper

Then why have insurance?

I suspect he does not have insurance, hence why trying every other route.

25 Mar 2021 20:11

profile-image
Darryllk

Ask your lawyer to kickstart a campaign for you:

https://www.backabuddy.co.za/

25 Mar 2021 20:14

profile-image
WR 1.0

Does the fact that you are struggling to convince your fellow cyclists that you have a valid case, where usually we'd be all pitchforks and lynchmobs when we feel one of us have been done in (think of the Cyclesure incident a couple of years ago), not a red flag to you?

25 Mar 2021 20:14

profile-image
Gen

I suspect he does not have insurance, hence why trying every other route.

This is all an illusion post-39623-16166962088271.jpg

25 Mar 2021 20:17

profile-image
ChrisF

Not often so much good advise is so actively and loudly opposed .....

O.well, the school of hardknocks dont adjust pass rates ....

25 Mar 2021 20:20

profile-image
kgscott

Is this real.......

25 Mar 2021 20:51

profile-image
Gen

Is the pic on Google maps current, the shop with the colours and the hectic security bars and what not..

So I scrolled through some of their pics on Insta .. Yoh that's some sexy work that they do..

25 Mar 2021 21:01

profile-image
Shebeen

Is the pic on Google maps current, the shop with the colours and the hectic security bars and what not..

So I scrolled through some of their pics on Insta .. Yoh that's some sexy work that they do..

Jared is one of the painting gurus. Genius artist

25 Mar 2021 21:10

profile-image
ChrisF

Google maps, and Google Pro has a time slider (on most pc web browsers) klick on date in bottom left, the the slider opens in top left ....

Interesting playing with this slider and seeing how a builing grew over a few years ....

Would be interesting to check if this time slider also works on the street view ...

For Cape Town this link is super powerfull for top views https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://citymaps.capetown.gov.za/EGISViewer/&ved=2ahUKEwi7_dfXk8zvAhVGiFwKHUh4AQMQFjAAegQIBBAC&usg=AOvVaw1Z_nDfc_udZlhkBKQIh2Ah

The City has the sooped up version of this, showing side and angled views as well ....

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING ... :)

25 Mar 2021 21:17

profile-image
WrightJnr

7421d69f4a698425868b9cee88ff7584.jpg

For OP to enter into evidence. Hope it helps to solve case.

25 Mar 2021 21:30

profile-image
Edereese

I too think the OP does not have insurance. No way anyone will go through all this to recover a loss if they had insurance, especially if it’s not your fault. Next time, read the terms and conditions before you sign. Also, get insurance, Cyclesure offers great service at a reasonable premium.

25 Mar 2021 21:35

profile-image
Eugene

I too think the OP does not have insurance. No way anyone will go through all this to recover a loss if they had insurance, especially if it’s not your fault. Next time, read the terms and conditions before you sign. Also, get insurance, Cyclesure offers great service at a reasonable premium.

Looking at his other thread on this, he does have insurance. The reason he does not want to claim is because his claims ratio is high and that this claim may just push him over the limit.

26 Mar 2021 07:10

profile-image
The Ouzo

Google maps, and Google Pro has a time slider (on most pc web browsers) klick on date in bottom left, the the slider opens in top left ....

Interesting playing with this slider and seeing how a builing grew over a few years ....

Would be interesting to check if this time slider also works on the street view ...

For Cape Town this link is super powerfull for top views https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://citymaps.capetown.gov.za/EGISViewer/&ved=2ahUKEwi7_dfXk8zvAhVGiFwKHUh4AQMQFjAAegQIBBAC&usg=AOvVaw1Z_nDfc_udZlhkBKQIh2Ah

The City has the sooped up version of this, showing side and angled views as well ....

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING ... :)

thanks for that link. its scary how high res the images are, they are higher res than google earth. and to think this is only what is released to the public, they probably have higher res available to themselves.

26 Mar 2021 07:36

profile-image
AdamA

Customer Service! Customer Service! customer Service!

YOU ARE NOT THEIR CUSTOMER!!!!!!  You WERE a Potential Customer.

How much much have you spent at BMC over the Past 2 Years? my guess Nothing

How much were you doing to spend in the last month... R750

How much are you going to spend at BMC over the next 2 years? my guess Nothing 

If BMC give you anything it is a LOST/Expense to them (not a COST). They have not made a cent profit from you in the past 2 years and never will.

They are able to reduce their 'Bike Service Price' (by R150) by reducing their Operating Expenses (Insurance) by making their Customers (or Potential Customers) insure their own bikes and/or sign an 'At Own Risk Disclaimer'

This is part of their business model and it works for 100% of their customers and 99% of their potential customers.

You just don't get it!

You took a decision to use their reduced price product   

You took a decision ( to sign a 'At Own Risk Disclaimer' in order to use their Reduced Price Product)

You took a Risk leaving you bike there for 4 days

The above decisions and risks resulted in a loss (which you say you have have insurance cover for anyway) 

26 Mar 2021 08:08

profile-image
AdamA

I love this thread , its better that any current TV Series :clap:

26 Mar 2021 08:12

profile-image
Skubarra

Am I the only one that completely lost the thread of this movie when the Cash Crusaders twist was introduced?

Can someone explain this to me in plain English?

26 Mar 2021 08:59

profile-image
AdamA

Am I the only one that completely lost the thread of this movie when the Cash Crusaders twist was introduced?

Can someone explain this to me in plain English?

I am not 100% sure about Cash Crusaders, but if you Google the OP cell number(left as that contact on for the stolen bike) you will find a bunch of Gumtree adverts...

I was going to call him to inquire about one of the coffee machines he has for sale and ask him if he could send it to JHB (Pro-Bono) so I could 'Try-before-I-buy'.... when he said 'NO', I was going to say shout 'That's bad customer service!!!!!!"  :ph34r: 

26 Mar 2021 09:11

profile-image
LongDonkey

This thread is like a rambling Trump tirade on Twitter. Alternative facts, unjustified indignace, random information thrown in that may or may not be a truth, moaning about people that have a different opinion, deny deny deny etc etc.

But i must admit, even i am getting tired of CEMEH's waffling on and on.

26 Mar 2021 09:12

profile-image

Looking at his other thread on this, he does have insurance. The reason he does not want to claim is because his claims ratio is high and that this claim may just push him over the limit.

There is the crux - his claims ratio is too high. That tells me he is claiming often (one wonders what and why???), which as an insurer, they'd probably get upity and not honor the claim or increase his premiums to a new premium anyway

He knows he's in for a clobber at the insurance gates regardless, which is probably why all this crazy effort. 

But, I'm a pay if forward kind of guy - Where can I send his bag of popcorn to? 

26 Mar 2021 09:14

profile-image
Patchelicious

It's Friday. Let's give the dude a break. Could someone please send him a KitKat from me. Just forward me the bill. If that fails please send him a lunchbar obvious!!

Kitkats or Lunchbars? You must be joking!

A reasonable person would send a box of Ferrero Rocher, you better lawyer up!

26 Mar 2021 09:27

profile-image
Eugene

Customer Service! Customer Service! customer Service!

YOU ARE NOT THEIR CUSTOMER!!!!!! You WERE a Potential Customer.

How much much have you spent at BMC over the Past 2 Years? my guess Nothing

How much were you doing to spend in the last month... R750

How much are you going to spend at BMC over the next 2 years? my guess Nothing

If BMC give you anything it is a LOST/Expense to them (not a COST). They have not made a cent profit from you in the past 2 years and never will.

They are able to reduce their 'Bike Service Price' (by R150) by reducing their Operating Expenses (Insurance) by making their Customers (or Potential Customers) insure their own bikes and/or sign an 'At Own Risk Disclaimer'

This is part of their business model and it works for 100% of their customers and 99% of their potential customers.

You just don't get it!

You took a decision to use their reduced price product

You took a decision ( to sign a 'At Own Risk Disclaimer' in order to use their Reduced Price Product)

You took a Risk leaving you bike there for 4 days

The above decisions and risks resulted in a loss (which you say you have have insurance cover for anyway)

Stop making assumptions and basing your arguments on your assumptions. You don't know how much he has spent there and how much he was planning to spend.

26 Mar 2021 09:30

profile-image
Skubarra

I am not 100% sure about Cash Crusaders, but if you Google the OP cell number(left as that contact on for the stolen bike) you will find a bunch of Gumtree adverts...

The plot thickens... Bit like the Lost/Westworld type tv shows, so much is lost on me but I can't stop watching..

26 Mar 2021 09:35

profile-image
Gen

The plot thickens... Bit like the Lost/Westworld type tv shows, so much is lost on me but I can't stop watching..

At the rate this is going I don't even know if there even was a bike anymore .. [emoji1787][emoji6]

26 Mar 2021 09:39

profile-image
babse

Kitkats or Lunchbars? You must be joking!

A reasonable person would send a box of Ferrero Rocher, you better lawyer up!

Yeah a kitkat.... what kind of CUSTOMER service is that!

Morons

26 Mar 2021 09:46

profile-image
FootballingCyclist

At the rate this is going I don't even know if there even was a bike anymore .. [emoji1787][emoji6]

1 bike 3 year models..

26 Mar 2021 09:50

profile-image
Slowbee

Yeah a kitkat.... what kind of CUSTOMER service is that!

Morons

mint flavoured ....

besides, customers know nothing.

26 Mar 2021 09:53

profile-image
CEMEH

I have a compressive insurance of course (only fools don't)

I'm not going to claim

I have already replaced the bike, bought the similar one privately, did not cost me the arm or the leg, happy with my purchase

As for the coffee machine advertised, I recall a similar request last year sometime, a dude indeed wanted to buy the machine under the following conditions: he will pay me R1k deposit, takes the machine with him to his place, uses it and once he's happy of course brings the balance the following week. 

26 Mar 2021 10:05

profile-image
Skubarra

1 bike 3 year models..

Given the nonlinear narrative of this story I am waiting for the revelation that it was actually a 2024 model that was stolen.

26 Mar 2021 10:05

profile-image
Eldron

I'm not going to claim

I have already replaced the bike, bought the similar one privately, did not cost me the arm or the leg, happy with my purchase

As for the coffee machine advertised, I recall a similar request last year sometime, a dude indeed wanted to buy the machine under the following conditions: he will pay me R1k deposit, takes the machine with him to his place, uses it and once he's happy of course brings the balance the following week. 

I know you all want to but don't. Please don't

That said - if it gives you a pro bona do it.

Damnit.

26 Mar 2021 10:22

profile-image
Patchelicious

Given the nonlinear narrative of this story I am waiting for the revelation that it was actually a 2024 model that was stolen.

Cemeh McFly

26 Mar 2021 10:23

profile-image
Patchelicious

Damnit.

If its only compressive insurance, then I suspect it will likely be an indifferent bono.

26 Mar 2021 10:24

profile-image
CEMEH

2051 in fact

26 Mar 2021 10:34

profile-image
WR 1.0

I'm not going to claim

Glad you're back on the bike. Take my advise or don't, still tell your Insurer about the loss, even if you don't claim, as it might still affect your risk ( some insurers ask for claims, other for claims and/or losses). If you don't tell them , it will be seen as material misrepresentation and might affect future claims ( which you don't want as you've clearly been out through the ringer here enough)

26 Mar 2021 10:36

profile-image
CEMEH

Damnit.

Woke up late, missed the ride, but having a healthy laughter instead over bono/a, you are very talented boy aren't you? English written skills are commendable, must be a UCT masters graduate. Raw talent )

26 Mar 2021 10:38

profile-image

Woke up late, missed the ride, but having a healthy laughter instead over bono/a, you are *a* very talented boy aren't you? English written skills are commendable, must be a UCT masters graduate. Raw talent )

Ahem... cough cough 

26 Mar 2021 10:52

profile-image
Slowbee

Play nice, or this will be locked.

26 Mar 2021 10:58

profile-image
Gen

Promise? [emoji6]

26 Mar 2021 11:03

profile-image
shaper

Please do !!

OP already says he has a replacement bike... if is to be believed....

26 Mar 2021 11:06

profile-image
TheoG

Go ahead, make my day ... 

post-160286-0-62399500-1616749759.jpg

26 Mar 2021 11:09

profile-image
ScottCM

post-46817-0-20568100-1616749633_thumb.jpg

post-46817-0-20058100-1616749643_thumb.jpg

post-46817-0-47066600-1616749663_thumb.jpg

post-46817-0-57577600-1616749675_thumb.jpg

post-46817-0-73017100-1616749696_thumb.jpg

post-46817-0-74847800-1616749708_thumb.jpg

post-46817-0-97005500-1616749720_thumb.jpg

post-46817-0-41816600-1616749735_thumb.jpg

post-46817-0-41383200-1616749756_thumb.jpg

post-46817-0-52739900-1616749766_thumb.jpg

26 Mar 2021 11:09

profile-image
Gen

I feel you are doing Mick an injustice with such a small pic.. This weekend is all about him[emoji6]

26 Mar 2021 11:13

profile-image
TheoG

26 Mar 2021 11:22

profile-image
Slowbee

Lets leave those pics as the credit roll to this movie.

26 Mar 2021 11:30

profile-image
CEMEH

:mellow:

26 Mar 2021 20:55

profile-image
Kaashief

i think this is a repost 

27 Mar 2021 08:52

profile-image
CEMEH

Hi all, hope you had a blessed easter. An update: the letter of demand had been served, which will follow by the summons. Cheers

09 Apr 2021 15:58