Brand:

Scott

Model:

Spark 970

Year:

Colour:

Black & Yellow

More about the bike:

Had a rubber ducky bell with a spider man helmet and a brand new pair of black Death Grips.

Incident details

Date of incident:

03/04/2021

Erasmuskloof, Gauteng

Incident type:

Theft from Vehicle

More about the incident:

Bike was cleaned and packed away and locked on a thule bike rack. I popped out to the loo and when I came back the bike was gone.

profile-image
djmehow

Erasmuskloof, Gauteng

profile-image
Rowl

Sorry for your loss, was the bike stolen at Wolwespruit inside the parking lot?

What lock did you use?

03 Apr 2021 14:35

profile-image
djmehow

Yes, inside the parking lot. The thule bike rack lock, was tight and I locked it but needed the loo. I was ready to leave. 

03 Apr 2021 14:39

profile-image
djmehow

The owners are chasing down footage but yeah someone probably stashed it into a bakkie and drove out. 

03 Apr 2021 14:40

profile-image
ChrisF

Sorry for your loss.

Unfortunately the Thule locks (same with all these racks), are pretty useless.  They undo the clips on the tires, and twist the bike frame out of the Thule "claw".  Couple of these thefts each month on the Hub.

03 Apr 2021 14:49

profile-image
djmehow

Yeah for sure, usually I don't leave the bike unattended, it was a quick gap to the loo so I figured it would be okay. On my next bike won't take that chance. 

Sorry for your loss.

Unfortunately the Thule locks (same with all these racks), are pretty useless.  They undo the clips on the tires, and twist the bike frame out of the Thule "claw".  Couple of these thefts each month on the Hub.

03 Apr 2021 15:02