BRAKES MERIDA

Incident details

Date of incident:

14/12/2014

Cape Town, Western Cape

Incident type:

Theft from Public Area

More about the incident:

This bike has been stolen by a con artist in CAPE TOWN CBD - monies bounced after 5 days. North African gentlemen by the names of 'Clavie Maliwa and Nelson". Fraud case opened. Do not hand over bikes until you are 100% certain monies are paid and verified. Purchased on a Sunday when banks closed. Story is that they are collecting for someone out of town so time constraints, well dressed, en route to church... all very slick. Both parties keep in contact and convince you re validity.
Please look out for it and contact me if similar is spotted on the market.

ODDITY - CRANKSET 105 BRAKES MERIDA ie NOT 105 THROUGHOUT
SMALL SCRATCH IN WHITE PAINT RIGHT HAND SIDE OF BIKE JUST AFTER THE 'K' IN TREK

profile-image
colsellka

Cape Town, Western Cape

profile-image
Meezo

Seems you were a victim of this...

https://www.bikehub.co.za/index.php?/topic/145859-Scam-Warning---Cape-Town

Really really sad hear! Hope the cops can assist with all the info

21 Dec 2014 13:48

profile-image
Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Damn, that sucks...

21 Dec 2014 13:54

profile-image
BBN

Nelson, again!

21 Dec 2014 18:26

profile-image
Eldron

The MO is always the same - african chap buying the bike/car/hifi/whatever for his nephew/niece/uncle/family member and has to have the item NOW. "Deposits" fake cheque, collects goods and you never hear from them again.

Every time I sell anything on Gumtree or Junkmail I have at least 5 phone calls like the above.

Be aware people - money is only yours when the money has cleared into your account and is available for withdrawal. Cash is better of course.

22 Dec 2014 11:00

profile-image
colsellka

I have got a case number back from the cape town SAPS.Here is the ref nr CAS 1741/12/2014 and the tel number is 021 4678000. We need to stop these guys so if any funny calls and his name is Nelson call the SAPS on this number and he can be set up and caught,who knows he might have a room full of stolen items.He always gets different guys to collect on his behalf.

HE MUST BE STOPPED AND A LESSON TAUGHT

24 Dec 2014 17:54

profile-image
Ampandy

Do you have cell no's and or vehicle reg no's for the involved parties?

24 Dec 2014 18:38

profile-image
Vetseun

Necklace the bastards!

25 Dec 2014 12:46

profile-image
colsellka

Do you have cell no's and or vehicle reg no's for the involved parties?

All details at this link https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/145859-scam-warning-cape-town/

25 Dec 2014 19:44

profile-image
colsellka

All contact details at this link, no vehicle used http://www.thehubsa....ning-cape-town/

25 Dec 2014 19:45

profile-image
Saag

Same guy tried his trick when i sold my camera. Once i told him he will have to wait 7 working days for the cheque to clear I never heard from him again!

25 Dec 2014 20:46

profile-image
latinlyrics

I never let anything go until the money has cleared into my account. cheques are especially tricky as they will reflect and then bounce. Once I tell people that they can only have it when the money clears all scammers quickly hang up!

10 Jan 2015 14:15