Black

More about the bike:

Frame: Deng Fu FM098 with ISP 610mm 3k Gloss finish BB30 shell
Groupset (except crankset & bb): Shimano Ultegra 11spd 2014
Crankset: Sram Force BB30
Stem: Giaint
Handll bars: Scor
Saddle: Scor
Peddles: Shimano (I'm not sure of the model)
Wheels: Microtech MC/A 45mm
I had recently changed the handle bars, and I had not put the bar tap on. But I had put a thin red material tape on the bars, which I put on to stop the bar tape from sliding.

Incident details

Date of incident:

06/12/2014

Malanshof, Gauteng

Incident type:

Theft from Home / Private Premises

Police Station:

Linden

Case Number:

CAS 133/12/2014

More about the incident:

Aprox time of theft: 18:50 - 19:10

I was doing rewiring of the plugs in our store room and office as it was problematic. I had moved alot of stuff out of the store room including 2 bikes, the second being an old MTB. The bikes were visible from the street. (Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!) I had just finished of the wiring, and I decided to have a quick shower as I was dirty and sweaty from working most of the day in the roof. While I was in the shower, the bike was stolen. They jumped the 2m palisade fencing. They must have thrown the bike over, or there were 2 of them and the passed it over.

profile-image
GaryvdM

Malanshof, Gauteng

profile-image
GaryvdM

Thanks for posting NeoOne. Man I'm so angry about this.

06 Dec 2014 22:20

profile-image
Bonus

Sorry mate. Nice bike. Will keep a look out on the west rand.

06 Dec 2014 22:30

profile-image
Vetseun

Nice looking ride. Hope it is recovered

06 Dec 2014 22:32

profile-image
TALUS

You must be kidding. Didn't you just finish this project? Freaking animals! Please say it was insured.

06 Dec 2014 22:44

profile-image

Was it insured? Where was it stolen and what was the circumstances around the theft? Also report to www.stolenbike.co.za

07 Dec 2014 06:30

profile-image
Tubehunter

How did they get the bike Gary?? Sorry to hear about it getting taken! It's your recent build right?

07 Dec 2014 06:47

profile-image
GaryvdM

Ah man still coming to terms with this. It is my brand new build. I finished it a week ago, and only got to ride it twice. Not insured.

It got stolen because I was stupid. :-(

I was doing rewiring of the plugs in our store room and office as it was problematic. I had moved alot of stuff out of the store room including 2 bikes, the second being an old MTB. The bikes were visible from the street. (Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!) I had just finished of the wiring, and I decided to have a quick shower as I was dirty and sweaty from working most of the day in the roof. While I was in the shower, they jumped the 2m palisade fencing. They must have thrown the bike over, or there were 2 of them and the passed it over.

07 Dec 2014 13:48

profile-image
GaryvdM

Stolen: Deng Fu FM 098 2014
When: 6 December 2014
Where: Randburg, Gauteng

Aprox time of theft: 18:50 - 19:10

I was doing rewiring of the plugs in our store room and office as it was problematic. I had moved alot of stuff out of the store room including 2 bikes, the second being an old MTB. The bikes were visible from the street. (Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!) I had just finished of the wiring, and I decided to have a quick shower as I was dirty and sweaty from working most of the day in the roof. While I was in the shower, the bike was stolen. They jumped the 2m palisade fencing. They must have thrown the bike over, or there were 2 of them and the passed it over.

Get further details about the incident in the Stolen Bikes section

07 Dec 2014 14:07

profile-image
DIPSLICK

Ah man still coming to terms with this. It is my brand new build. I finished it a week ago, and only got to ride it twice. Not insured.

It got stolen because I was stupid. :-(

I was doing rewiring of the plugs in our store room and office as it was problematic. I had moved alot of stuff out of the store room including 2 bikes, the second being an old MTB. The bikes were visible from the street. (Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!) I had just finished of the wiring, and I decided to have a quick shower as I was dirty and sweaty from working most of the day in the roof. While I was in the shower, they jumped the 2m palisade fencing. They must have thrown the bike over, or there were 2 of them and the passed it over.

The part of not insured just made me do a online submission, tomorrow is too late

:( EISH that really sucks

07 Dec 2014 14:09

profile-image
Mats

Sorry about the bike Gary

07 Dec 2014 15:00

profile-image
shaper

Check under your household insurance Gary, you may get covered as part of house contents!

Damn man, you had just finished the build the other weekend and posted pics!

Hope you get some success in recovering it

07 Dec 2014 15:10

profile-image
Skylark

Ah not right, only 2 rides on a custom build then lifted, really rough man :(

07 Dec 2014 15:12

profile-image
Skylark

Check under your household insurance Gary, you may get covered as part of house contents!

Damn man, you had just finished the build the other weekend and posted pics!

Hope you get some success in recovering it

Most insurers cover bikes when at home under household cover but they normally want signs of forced entry/theft to pay out?

07 Dec 2014 15:13