Did anyone buy a Bryton GPS yet?

GF29er

Hi all,

I need a new Bike computer and was dreaming about going for a GPS, but thought it was out of reach finacialy........ but the Bryton rider 30 GPS (see www.iplaygps.com) is going for ZAR2599... Just don't want to be stuck with an expensive but not functional piece of electronics....

Has anyone actually bought one?

Initial comments...?

I know Tread have a brief first impression, any more experience would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hi all,

I need a new Bike computer and was dreaming about going for a GPS, but thought it was out of reach finacialy........ but the Bryton rider 30 GPS (see www.iplaygps.com) is going for ZAR2599... Just don't want to be stuck with an expensive but not functional piece of electronics....

Has anyone actually bought one?

Initial comments...?

I know Tread have a brief first impression, any more experience would be appreciated.

Cheers

Buycycle has them on sale for R1845 but excludes heart rate monitor

Also saw them on Buycycle.

Havent read up but I assume you wont be able to use garmin files on them. Its quite a draw back if you wont have access to all the local routes as you do on a garmin.

Ja, why don't you just buy the Garmin Edge 500 ?

It will cost you about R2300 delivered to your door if you order from bikeinn.com.

Ja, why don't you just buy the Garmin Edge 500 ?

It will cost you about R2300 delivered to your door if you order from bikeinn.com.

won't I have to pay VAT/DUTY?

Just got my Bryton Rider 30 GPS and I must say I am impressed. All the functionality of the Garmin at a fraction of the price. At first glance the unit is neatly packaged and one of the first things I noticed was ease of use and decent mounting system, I own both the Garmin Edge 500 and the Bryon Rider 30 and for the first time in my life I found out today how long the uphills actually are. Absolutely Amazing. Available at http://www.haloheadband.co.za/products.php?range=40

post-8136-0-71265600-1299332631.jpg

There is also the Times Global trainer, comes with a bike mount and HR. it can also do cadence, I paid R1700 for mine at The Runshop. Arrived 10 days after I ordered it. You will find them on Ebay