Mugged and stabbed while mountain biking

Hydrocynus

Hi all

Just to let you know, my brother in law Alec, Mad Dog on the Hub, was mugged and stabbed several times while mountain biking around Krugersdorp hill yesterday afternoon. He was cycling alone, a guy ambushed him, pushed him off his bike and stabbed him repeatedly. Fortunately Alec managed to get hold of his pepper spray canister and managed to administer several doses of pepper spray to the guy's face and this evetually drove him off. In the process he received several stab wounds in the arms, back and chest. His R lung was punctured and a tendon in his L arm severed. He lost a huge amount of blood. Fortunately he managed to hang onto his cellphone and after the guy left (on Alec's bike) he called a friend who came to pick him up and rushed him to Krugersdorp Private Hospital where he spent the night in ICU.

He has been in surgery this morning to reattach the severed tendon in his arm. We are still waiting for feedback. Will update this post as soon as I know how he is doing.

In the meantime, please be on the lookout for a silver Trek Fuel Ex7 with Garmin Edge 705. If anytime tries to sell it to you please take it from them and administer repeated swift HARD kicks to the groin. Then when the guy is down on the ground feel free to continue administering those swift HARD kicks to the head and call me on 082 4179191. Please spread the word about this amongst your cycling mates.

It is clear that our play grounds, the tracks and trails around JHB aren't safe anymore. Perhaps this isnt a suprise to any of us as this isnt the 1st incident of this nature to be posted on this forum. Another one of our personal freedoms and something that we love about this country down the tubes.

So be alert and most importantly cycle in groups.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This makes me so mad :angry:

Please update with how he is doing, I really do hope he recovers well and successfully.

1 attack after another, seems to be all we read nowadays :thumbdown:

Healing vibes & speedy recovery to mad dog.

& a slow death to the theive's :thumbup:

WTF - blood thirsty thieves are way way out of line , stealing may be a reasonable if not deluded a sign of desperation but attempted murder Naught bru that's not ******* alright

Glad to hear the Pepper Spray helped - All the more motivation for me to always have some on me esp when on the bike.

Get better soon bru!

:thumbup:

Whoa fuuuuck this is where I used to train alone, often (and with plenty of other folks, occasionally, Danger Dassie and I had an epic ride up there in one hell of a thunderstorm). *** news. MadDog, all the best. Hope the bike turns up and the subhuman who did this gets those kicks in the groin. FFS. Bad man, bad.

I ride the area at least twice a week sometimes alone as well and must say always thought it was safe.

This is terrible news hope Alec makes a speedy full recovery will keep a lookout for his bike.

This is terrible - I cycle this route often and have never felt any threat until a few weeks ago, as I turned off at the top of Krugersdorp Hill to go on the dirt road up to the top, there was a guy coming down the track with a cellphone, then as I went further up there was a Bakkie with 3 guys inside. You normally never see any traffic up there so something just didn't feel right so I did a U-turn and did a different route.

What can be done to prevent people who may not know about this danger from using this area ? Maybe worth putting up some signage - any ideas ?

All the best to Alec for a full recovery.

Really bad news hope Mad dog recovers quick.

Pity they dont put a dye in the pepperspray as well that is hard to remove.

Im glad its a bit quieter down here in the cape.

All the best Mad dog