Pic from our commute this morning

Hairy

Hi All

A little pic taken this morning on our commute from Table View to Rhodes Memorial and over the mountain to work in Town .... what an amazing start to the day!

(Pic taken from Tafelberg road after climbing up from the RM side)

Hairy

post-5403-0-65423400-1302078141.jpg

Edited by Hairy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely fantastic !

Are you sure you went to work and didn't decide to pull a sicky to ride those awesome roads and check out the great scenery !

Stunning!!

What app did you use? :rolleyes: :D

Just my little Samsung Star cell phone on the panoramic setting.

The call was close as to whether to go to work or keep riding :)

It is a great feeling when dropping back into town and cycling past cars to know that you have experienced an amazing ride before work while the guys sitting in traffic have yet to start their day ...

I bet this mornings commute in the South East wasn't as much fun! What time do you leave in the mornings and how long is your ride?

This morning is the first day in a LONG time I took the car in for work and I am glad I did :)

Sorry .... to further answer your question.

I often leave around 6am and the ride at a social pace if between 45min - 1hour pending wind and just how social the ride is.

Coming home though you can really crank it up in wind like today. Expect about 30-35min on the MTB if everything goes your way with traffic.

• 1 month later...

Would have loved to take a pic of this mornings ride, but it was WAY too cold and wet to take out the camera for a snap shot biggrin.gif

I think the view from the top of Krugersdorp is ok BUT nothing like that ! its pictures like this and the fact that I am a DA fan (and I am not referring to bicycle parts here :blush: ) fan just make you want to move to Cape Town :thumbup:

Nice work keeping it up Hairy, what lights you using? I've been too cold / chicken / soft / lazy to saddle up to work since winter has hit properly!

You still got the Inbred? How did it handle with the Talas on? I'm still itching for a 456.

Nice work keeping it up Hairy, what lights you using? I've been too cold / chicken / soft / lazy to saddle up to work since winter has hit properly!

You still got the Inbred? How did it handle with the Talas on? I'm still itching for a 456.

My lights are a "prototype's" that CLICK HERE FOR LINK and really jacked LED engineer has further developed. Great lights!

The Inbred does not get ridden much these days as the Shova is doing all the fun stuff ... I have actually placed the Inbred for sale on Gumtree because of this.

Might build another SS in the future as a little project though.

This is a regular Wednesday morning ride, if anyone is interested we start in Table View at 5am and travel along the cycle path to the Church Street bridge where we pic up more people and head out to Rhodes mem from there to meet more people and then over the mountain to town for coffee before work.

H

My lights are a "prototype's" that CLICK HERE FOR LINK and really jacked LED engineer has further developed. Great lights!

The Inbred does not get ridden much these days as the Shova is doing all the fun stuff ... I have actually placed the Inbred for sale on Gumtree because of this.

Might build another SS in the future as a little project though.

This is a regular Wednesday morning ride, if anyone is interested we start in Table View at 5am and travel along the cycle path to the Church Street bridge where we pic up more people and head out to Rhodes mem from there to meet more people and then over the mountain to town for coffee before work.

H

You can buy the lights from here:

Area Retailers:

Cape Town: The Epic Bike Shop, Lance Stephenson, www.epicbikeshop.co.za

Paarl : Extreme LED Lighting, Brendan Williams, brendanw74@hotmail.com

Your Wednesday missions sound like a great mid-weeker.

I've got some lekker lights up front and can see where I'm going fine...more concerned about getting tail ended at the moment.