Who is the best orthopedic for knees in SA

I need a knee operation and whould like to know who is the go to man in the country to operate me.

thanks for the help :(

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need a knee operation and whould like to know who is the go to man in the country to operate me.

Ponky Firer Linksfield Clinic

Dr Vikesh Gajjar in PE. I had a torn cartilage and he fixed it no problems. Remeber that with Knee surgery your recovery is going to be long!!!

Glen Vardi - Rosebank,he diagnosed me in 5min,i had seen 3 other well known orthopedes and they could not find the fault.

spike

Spike Erasmus...

Countless Springboks/Stormers/Maties etc. rugby players surely can't be wrong?

Dr Vikesh Gajjar in PE. I had a torn cartilage and he fixed it no problems. Remeber that with Knee surgery your recovery is going to be long!!!

Yeah i second that , he did a great job on my knee .I had had a previous op on the same knee by another doctor which clearly never worked out...

Glen Vardi or Ponky Firer.

My mother is a Radiologist and has been referring to these guys for a LOOOOOOONG time.

Firer did my knee, after other quacks told me I'd never ride again, and I've since ridden to Cape Town in a week averageing 250 kms a day.

These guys are the best without question.

Glen Vardi or Ponky Firer.

My mother is a Radiologist and has been referring to these guys for a LOOOOOOONG time.

Firer did my knee, after other quacks told me I'd never ride again, and I've since ridden to Cape Town in a week averageing 250 kms a day.

These guys are the best without question.

Vardi or Ferguson at Rosebank are excellent.

I hear Spike Erasmus in CT is the man.

John May in CT did my knee and I've very happy!!

Good luck!!

yep, i'm on the Dr Spike Erasmus wagon (The Knee Clinic - Stellenbosch medi-clinic).

Jake White era team doctor had a look at my knee and sent me to spike. The old chap hotdamn near popped my knee in demonstrating what he had to fix...

but awesome job he did, but pls pls pls, no matter who does your repair, follow the recovery process fastiduously.

Osman at Entuabeni in Dbn did my ACL reconstruction many years ago, was the second one in the smae knee so it was a bit tricky. A twat who shall remain nameless stuffed up the first one, first time back on the rugger field and it just disintegrated. His work has survived more rugby, a few marathons, a comrades and a whole lot of mtbing including a fair share of wipeouts.

Andrew_ew: maybe tell us who this 'twat' is. remember, it's only an opinion, which you are most certainly entitled to. but if a doc out there stuffs up, i would like to know who to avoid. No one's perfect, but still...

Glen Vardi - Rosebank,he diagnosed me in 5min,i had seen 3 other well known orthopedes and they could not find the fault.

i went under Vardi's knife which entailed reconstructive surgery ... 6 months later i was back in for a scope.

i walked into his offices being able run and now 3.5 years later the only thing i can run without any problems is a bath!!!

Vardi's response to my ongoing problem was "there are no guarantees" ...

Good luck .... but get as many opinions as you can or can afford.