Table Mountain Bikers

kandui

Table Mountain Bikers is up and running. Anybody interested in joining the email list can let me know directly at zulurob@iafrica.com . A website will be up soon.

The objective is to facilitate communication between riders who are using the mountain so they can join up and get to know each other. We are a pool of 13 riders at the moment and I am sure the numbers will grow. I would also like to set up some marked routes, starting from a central point. Similar to Harkerville or Grabouw.

Great idea, and well done for taking initiative.

Suggest you engage tmnp asap. They like to control the mountain, and they do kinda own it.

We are up to 27 riders and we have a Facebook page as well. Go check it out and comment on our new logo.

We are up to 27 riders and we have a Facebook page as well. Go check it out and comment on our new logo.

whats the link?

Hey SteveCT

For now we are an email based group who go out and ride the mountain. Nothing happening which would concern TMNP.

We are however on their radar and discussions will commence shortly on a number of proposals.

Hi. I just created a page ,so you can go on FB and search for Table Mountain Bikers or you should find it under : www.facebook.com/pages/tablemountainbikers

There will be a Table Mountain Safety Day on the 19th of June. Starting at 9am, we will meet up at the parking area at the top of Kloof Nek Road and then do a loop towards Rhodes Memorial and back.We will hand out Safety Cards to those we encounter along the way .The card has the new dedicated Safety Number printed on the front and space on the back where you can fill in your name, blood type, allergies, medical aid and emergency contact. Get it laminated and carry it with you when you ride, walk or run on the mountain. I hope to see loads of you out there.

There will be a Table Mountain Safety Day on the 19th of June. Starting at 9am, we will meet up at the parking area at the top of Kloof Nek Road and then do a loop towards Rhodes Memorial and back.We will hand out Safety Cards to those we encounter along the way .The card has the new dedicated Safety Number printed on the front and space on the back where you can fill in your name, blood type, allergies, medical aid and emergency contact. Get it laminated and carry it with you when you ride, walk or run on the mountain. I hope to see loads of you out there.

Nuts, I will be away in Greyton that weekend! :thumbdown: Any chance of you emailing a copy of the Safety Cards to me then I can get it laminated during the week?

• 2 weeks later...

I have printed 500 cards, so there should some left over and you are welcome to have one. Get hold of me after the weekend.