Hubber ratings

Tightfitt

I have found that when I post an ad, I don’t get email response on the ad, but when i go into the ad, there have been responses. This has happened a number of times and could be why occasionally sellers do not answer.

Edited by Chubba

That said there seems to be 2 other trends that I've noticed, both selling and buying via the classifieds, there are users that will reply to an ad saying things like "Dibs, I'll take it" or "Please hold it for me, I'll confirm collection ASAP" and then never respond which means the sale gets held for that user potentially for weeks. Secondly thing when buying (at least attempting to) is hubbers who will sell items with no consideration of who responded.

With regards to the dibs thing: I'll send a PM asking if they're considering a serious offer. If I get no reply, I ignore it. Otherwise if someone has expressed interest and asked to hold it, but not made a firm offer and I get another definite offer, I send them a PM giving them a specific deadline to make a firm offer (usually the next day). No firm offer after that time and it goes to the person who did make the firm offer.

Clear communication and definite deadlines help a lot.

I usually end up selling to the first person who PMs me a firm offer that meets my asking price. Just because someone is the first person to respond on the listing, doesn't mean they were the first to send an offer.

Maybe Admin can look into the following that might be causing part of the problem.

I have received a couple of comments on items for sale but no email notification informing me about the comment.

That would normally happen when you "watch" a thread but this doesnt seem as reliable in the sales section.

If I didnt check the add itself, I would not have seen the question!

Maybe Admin can look into the following that might be causing part of the problem.

I have received a couple of comments on items for sale but no email notification informing me about the comment.

That would normally happen when you "watch" a thread but this doesnt seem as reliable in the sales section.

If I didnt check the add itself, I would not have seen the question!

There was a problem with the default notification settings not being applied for some members. This would explain why email notifications didn't come through.

I have corrected this and made a small change to the "Watch" feature which should resolve any reliability issues. Please let me know if you still have trouble.

This should go some way to improving responses from buyers and sellers, but I have noted the feedback and suggestions in this thread for further future improvements.