Carte Blanche TV

nathrix

409 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been a victim in a bicycle hijacking incident?

• Yes, in Gauteng.
    • Yes, in Western Cape.
    • Yes, in Eastern or Northern Cape.
    • Yes, in the Free State.
    • Yes, in Kwazulu-Natal.
    • Yes, in Mpumalanga.
    • Yes, in Limpopo Province.
    • Yes, other (outside of SA).
    • Yes, in North West.
    • No.

Have you been a victim in a bicycle hijacking incident?

Please submit your story and bump this thread daily so that we can get as many people as possible to submit their stories on Carte Blanche TV.

Carte Blanche TV Submit your story here

Note: Don't post too much info on the hub, rather mail it to Carte Blanche or pm me and I will forward the info to the relevant people.

Edited by nathrix™ ® ©

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why, what will be the relevance of stating "NO"?

To be able to gauge the % of cyclists who have been hijacked. We should all answer, regardless of having been hijacked or not.

To be able to gauge the % of cyclists who have been hijacked. We should all answer, regardless of having been hijacked or not.

Correct. My voting "other" it means I have been hi-jacked but just not in the area you have mentioned.

Why, what will be the relevance of stating "NO"?

I think people selecting “other” need to define where or what happened, so that it can be included in the poll.

+1

otherwise it's a biased poll and has no proper statistical base from which to work - it only has a positive response available.

We are also missing the North West province.

People actually live in the North West Province!? ... just kidding. ;)

+1 on the "No" suggestion - might make for a scary statistic once the numbers start rolling in!

Ok, made the changes

Would also be interesting to see how many "Attempted" bike jackings there have been, as well as the methods used to avoid them?

don't know of anyone personally who has been a victim. I have had 3 bikes stolen, but one of those was in the UK and the other 2 were at my current home. I suspect that my previous garden boy had something to do with that.

Good initiative. It's nice to see people actually doing something about this issue.

Would also be interesting to see how many "Attempted" bike jackings there have been, as well as the methods used to avoid them?

Attempted should fall under "Yes".

don't know of anyone personally who has been a victim. I have had 3 bikes stolen, but one of those was in the UK and the other 2 were at my current home. I suspect that my previous garden boy had something to do with that.

What is a garden boy ? wink.gif

How would you get a hold of victims that are not on the HUB? Second suggestion, What about something done on national radio perhaps to get the awarness out there :unsure:

Edited by Caerus

Well, so far, looking at the poll, it looks like there isn't really a problem with bike jackings. Everyone relax, go back to riding your favourite trails around Rhodes Mem or wherever. You don't have to consider emmigration. It's all been blown out of proportion.

During the first Duzi Umfula bike race, my partner and I were going up guite a steep hill neer mission rapid and as we passed three guys walking down the hill, one grabbed my elbow and pulled me to the ground. a bit of a struggle ensued over my bike, fortunately I won, thanks to my spyderco. I had used it to cut the cable tyes short when putting the number board on, and put it in my pocket, first and only time I carried it on a ride