Carte Blanche TV

nathrix

409 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been a victim in a bicycle hijacking incident?

• Yes, in Gauteng.
    • Yes, in Western Cape.
    • Yes, in Eastern or Northern Cape.
    • Yes, in the Free State.
    • Yes, in Kwazulu-Natal.
    • Yes, in Mpumalanga.
    • Yes, in Limpopo Province.
    • Yes, other (outside of SA).
    • Yes, in North West.
    • No.

No idea, mail I got just said Midrand SAPS, so don't which specific one.

The guys are being transported to Midrand today, from what I understand, the cops that arrived as "heroes" much later were from a different sector.

The arrest was successfully executed by AndyM and the community who reside in the bluegum forest.

My take on this, these thugs will claim they bought the bikes, the cops will take their word for it as they are too damn lazy to take their investigation one step further, they have an opportunity to get these two muppets to lead them to kingpin (that is really who we want)

But I have zero faith in the SAPS, they asked Troy yesterday if the bike was stolen from his house ,we explianed to them what was going on and they were rather oblivious to it.

For goodness sake, he even had to sign a document stating that the thug gives him permission to take his bike ???????

My guess, they will be out in a few days and either be back at jack or run back to Zim.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

South Africa has a HUGE problem with the influx of foreigners across our unprotected borders. They come here to look for jobs and then 99% of the time there isn't any. It does not take a genius to figure out what they turn to. They haven't got anything to loose and nothing to go back to. They also don't care, have no conscience and have some joyrides with our precious possessions we worked hard for. They keep us from riding even in smaller groups as we are too scared to be hijacked again as we cannot always ride in big groups of 10 or more. I personally feel like we are taken hostage in our own neighborhood as we cannot go out and ride safely without the possibility of being attacked by the many gun or knife wielding foreigners.

When you claim from your insurance, they send out an assessor that questions you, your family and your friends that rode with you for almost a week up to point where you think they are going to ask your blood type and mother's maiden name. The assessor has no knowledge of the cost of bicycles and the time you spend on it. You don't feel like a victim but like a criminal. Outsurance left a bitter taste in my mouth after what happened to us. Make sure you provide them with a serial number and details of all the parts of your bicycle, invoices and some pictures before signing the policy with them. They will gladly take your money and ask MANY questions later when you want to put in a claim.

The arrested criminal yesterday had to sign a document to give Troy permission so that he can take his bike back so that later in court the criminal cannot turn around and accuse Troy of steeling the bike.

Edited by nathrix™ ® ©

Attached pictures of the 2 muppets that were apprehended by Midrand SAPS (big up guys!). :clap: I got these via the Knoppieslaagte community forum people (that's the area north of Summit road).

"Two bike jackers have just been caught and are in Police custody after a Alert resident recognized one of the bikes posted and gave chase

If any body can identify these men with regarding any crime or robbery Please contact me .. The one has been positively identified as the bike jacker yielding the knife on Trotting and Gallop rd last week

The two bikes recovered only one has been identified by its owner who was attacked on Trotting rd the second bike is believed to been hijacked in London rd Mnandi last week. If any body knows the Cyclist bike jacked last week please forward this email on so they could help in Identifying the culprits ."

post-20033-0-04368000-1309202837.jpg

post-20033-0-08078400-1309202853.jpg

If you recognise above "gents" please contact Paul Griffiths on 0836538653. We want to build a strong case against them and we want their friends who are involved and the buyers of the many other hijacked bicycles out there.

Edited by nathrix™ ® ©

Let not lose faith, although its hard not to do when you see the SAPS in action.

At least we have som eprivate guys working on this as well.

When you read about the apathy of the cops its no wonder that kangaroo style justice could be the best way, but that s not rght either..

Let's try keep optimistic here - the cops have been handed this case on a silver platter. But - assuming things do go pear-shaped, then this is where Carte Blanche could come in handy. Nothing like a bit of publicity to highlight an inept police force and get the attention of some of the top ranking cops.

I have a better image of the one thug.

post-4100-0-47682100-1309252300.jpg

And here is Kevin Perkins' bike.

post-4100-0-71076800-1309252340.jpg

I see he took a fall onto his face :rolleyes: , silly fool.

Shot Dangle. Just got back.

We need you guys out there to identify who's bike this is.

Please, send these pictures to your cycling friends, families, local bike shops on twitter, facebook, mail, etc.

The sector police + crime forum members for the area has been a huge help. We don't want to divulge too much information, but there are some great people working on this and slowly but surely we are getting results.

Watch this space!

Felt Virtue

Size Medium

xt components

garmin 705 attachment

post-4329-0-46297000-1309366611.jpg

post-4329-0-40213000-1309366644.jpg

Edited by nathrix™ ® ©

Hubbers, can't say too much, but more good news just in :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nice. Bust a cap in pin-king's ass :clap:

I am lucky so far but it is playing Russian Roulette to go biking. Due to my working hours I have to do alot of solo riding to try and stay in shape and enjoy my sport. I know at least 5 people who were "bike-jacked", the criminals sit and wait on top of a hill, besides pepperspray you have no way to protect yourself and in all cases it was a gang that robbed them from their bike, gear and even clothing. Why should I as a tax paying citizen not have the right to go about my sport without fear. Maybe we should take up fire arms as a resort to get the police's attention. As mountainbiker you are particularly vulnerable since the routes included remote areas in the country. This is definetly the work of a syndicate because the robber would not be able to afford maintanance on the higher end bikes. I will resort to kill someone if needed or hurt him/them badly injured and leave them for death. These criminals are as dangerous as any other and it is a REAL problem.