Anyone up for a chalenge?

Kerneels

We are a group of friends that wants to cycle from Bloemfontein to Cape Town next year. 26 Feb - 06 March 2012

EDIT: We need 4-6 people to join as some of the people that were going with cancelled.

Any hubbers that would like to join our "Cycle Tour" PM me your email adress and I will send you further details.

(Edited 15-11-2011)

Could someone that did someting similar maybe give me some tips? What to do, what not to do and some training tips, as one tends to get lazy during the cold winter months.

Edited by Kerneels

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought it was a post from David :) ... yeah, speak to FRAIL, knowing him he would sommer ride up to Bloem just to meet you guys and keep you company on your way down.

I did it from PE to Cape Town.Had 1 day rest and i never felt that good on a bike again.

Took 10 days to cover 795 km.

Stay off main roads,take lots of spare tubes and tyres.Spare chain will also help.Depending on how many you are let traffic dept know when you will be in there area.

Hope you will have a back up car with you.

Where will you be eating and sleeping at night?

Come on, is there no-one on this whole site that can help me? Please? Where do I find FRAIL?

Edited by Kerneels

Come on, is there no-one on this whole site that can help me? Please? Where do I find FRAIL?

F.R.A.I.L - search him here in the hub. David Kleynhans otherwise. His number is on his profile.

Edit: haha - got beaten to it

Edited by SirK

Thanx, Found FRAIL and mailed him. Awaiting his reply.

Anyone else?

I think he has more 'traveling' experience than anyone here on the hub..... flip, I think he does more mileage than some teams do! :clap: :clap:

Thanx, Found FRAIL and mailed him. Awaiting his reply.

Anyone else?

There is no one else like him :) ............ i am sure he will get back to you........

I can send you his mobile number if you need it.

What did FRAIL do the ride from Cape Town to Joburg in? Something like 4 days - then the 94.7 (or 97.4, whatever) twice, then rode on back the next day. Bloem's an afternoon's outing for him ... but don't let that put you off. It's something the rest of us would love to do.

Guest Frail4Life

THANKS GUYS! for your Vote and Positive comments!!!

SLOWBEE

2NUTZ

SIRK

SLOW_ONE

LETURBO

HELLO FANS.

Who is this GUY/ GROUP?

Trying to ride in my TERRITORY?

I HAVE A REPUTATION TO UPHOLD.

I HAVE PAID ALOT IN BLOOD AND SWEAT FOR THESE ROADS.

ALL my Experiences come @ a COST, R....

Now I must leave, my Classic is waiting for its daily Torment.

Guest Frail4Life

We are a group of friends that wants to cycle from Bloemfontein to Cape Town next year. Could someone that did someting similar maybe give me some tips? What to do, what not to do and some training tips, as one tends to get lazy during the cold winter months.

Well you have 7 months if you start Training now?

I dont know if You/ Group has any Work/ School commitments?

1000km over how many days? I HAVE ALWAYS DONE MY TRIPS OVER A SHORT TIME. BECAUSE WORK/ LEAVE ALLOWABLE.

Stops/ Days. More Stops/ Days = Needs more budget.

Road Bike/ MTB. What bikes will you/ Group be using? I WOULD SUGGEST ALL USING ONLY ONE. SAVES ON THE AMOUNT OF SPARES YOU NEED TO CARRY/ TUBES/ TYRES/ CHAIN.