TEAK

TheV

+1, I have also never enjoyed Teak. You should try Kings Kloof, 100 times better than Teak. I am going to try Rietvlei for the first time tomorrow.

Sadly another +1 from me. The place just doesn't flow - too many switch backs and hairpins bends. The route is also rough - now rough is good if it's epic and uncut because you're doing "proper" mountain biking but Teak is just bumpy - after 3 hours there I felt like my eye balls were still bouncing around.

Groenkloof or Rietvlei beat Teak hands down.

Given the service at the Teak restaurant you can imagine why the place folded - I don't know anyone who got a burger out of the Teak restaurant in under 2 hours.

The place scroes close to zero out of 10.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly another +1 from me. The place just doesn't flow - too many switch backs and hairpins bends. The route is also rough - now rough is good if it's epic and uncut because you're doing "proper" mountain biking but Teak is just bumpy - after 3 hours there I felt like my eye balls were still bouncing around.

Groenkloof or Rietvlei beat Teak hands down.

Given the service at the Teak restaurant you can imagine why the place folded - I don't know anyone who got a burger out of the Teak restaurant in under 2 hours.

The place scroes close to zero out of 10.

Rietvlei, I assume Alberton ..... the 'restaurant' (coffee shop) isn't great but I doubt you'll wait 2 hrs ;) - I love that place, 3k's from home :)

Rietvlei, I assume Alberton ..... the 'restaurant' (coffee shop) isn't great but I doubt you'll wait 2 hrs ;) - I love that place, 3k's from home :)

Rietvlei, Alberton indeed. The place gets better and better all the time. Never tried the coffee shop though...

Groenkloof is my all time favourite though. Sunday I'll be there again!

Hopefully the landowners will be able to turn it around another way.

word from the staff was he has 5 offers already and not interested - hearsay says he feels his land is worth 50 bar and the restuarnt and facilities was not worth the effort :(

Ok that been said the weekend is hear - so where can roadies park in the cradle and families play ? suggestions guys please ?

Kim Johnson from Johnson Cycles is trying to organise a bike park in the deserted Huddle Park Golf Course - here's hoping!

Is he still trying? I heard that he gave up years ago. It is decaying week by week. We go through there about once a month. Here's hoping.....

Ok that been said the weekend is hear - so where can roadies park in the cradle and families play ? suggestions guys please ?

Something Country. We cycle (road) out to the Cradle and the wives come out with kids in tow for breakfast - very pleasant.

The service is good and on occassion there has been masseurs available for a calf rub if you have had a particularly hard ride.

There is a bike (bmx) track for the kids and enough lawn for kids to play. It fills up pretty quickly on a Sunday so best advised to book in advance.

Don't they have lions? :unsure:

They Do!!

But they are in a seperate inclosure. It should also be pretty safe. They are starting to build trails there shortly. Rode there a couple of weeks back with some friend and the guy that is organising is. It is going to be awesome. Keep a look out for an official launch closer to October.

Something Country. We cycle (road) out to the Cradle and the wives come out with kids in tow for breakfast - very pleasant.

The service is good and on occassion there has been masseurs available for a calf rub if you have had a particularly hard ride.

There is a bike (bmx) track for the kids and enough lawn for kids to play. It fills up pretty quickly on a Sunday so best advised to book in advance.

Thanks for this, went out after a year and found Teak was closed, drove around for a bit but couldn't find any cars parked. Ended up parking outside Teak on the road and cycling from there. Now I know where to park.

Guest agteros

Something Country is on the Avianto Road. S25 59 48.1 E27 49 08.0

• 2 weeks later...

Rietvlei, Alberton indeed. The place gets better and better all the time. Never tried the coffee shop though...

Groenkloof is my all time favourite though. Sunday I'll be there again!

Agreed, every time i go to Rietvlei (which is often) it has improved. love it.

Eldron where is this Groenkloof you speak of?