Is this you

Stretch

I know some of you dont like mr rotherham, but he does have a fair following and I dont like seeing negative posts - hence the reason for making everyone aware of this story. I received this article in my feed this morning about a chap who believes he is allowed to go through red lights.

so is this you?

http://media.2oceansvibe.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/cyclist-arrogance1.jpg

"This morning I spotted yet another cyclist going through a red traffic light on Somerset Road in Green Point. I drove alongside the cyclist (after the light had turned green) and I asked him who exactly he thought he was. The guy completely freaked out and told me, categorically, that the law states that cyclists may go through red traffic lights. I didn’t get his name, but his photo is above (taken at the next set of traffic lights, after he told me that cyclists may legally go through reds)....."

Full story here (http://www.2oceansvibe.com/2011/09/16/the-delusional-arrogance-of-cyclists/)

Edited by Stretch

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't CWC part sponsor this team?

... and that was all it took. People forget that when you are branded, you speak for the sponsor.

Bikes can go through red lights.. what an ass!

Why do people only care when a cyclist goes through a red light?

Cars don't care about a cyclist anyway....they don't give us space on the road, and when I am commuting I see a LOT more cars doing stuff wrong than cyclists BUT I NEVER see a motorist taking a picture of another driver, or confronting the driver like this.

I am all for following the rules, but I wish motorist would be consistent and act the same way toward their ALL their fellow road users....that includes pedestrians crossing when the light is Red.

Cars don't care about a cyclist anyway....they don't give us space on the road, and when I am commuting I see a LOT more cars doing stuff wrong than cyclists BUT I NEVER see a motorist taking a picture of another driver, or confronting the driver like this.

I am all for following the rules, but I wish motorist would be consistent and act the same way toward their ALL their fellow road users....that includes pedestrians crossing when the light is Red.

If a car goes through a red light and is in an accident the driver will 9 out of 10 time walk away. A cyclist will not be that lucky. We've got the odds against us as it is, why take more chances.

If a car goes through a red light and is in an accident the driver will 9 out of 10 time walk away. A cyclist will not be that lucky. We've got the odds against us as it is, why take more chances.

I agree with you, but it is still not the drivers problem....The same can be said for kids standing on seats etc...but people dont act the same way as with this cyclist....they will just say "it is not my kid or my problem"

So why care about this cyclist? He skips the light, he gets hurt.....the car stops the kids gets hurt....not the drivers problem?

Cause in this case (as in most of them) the cyclist is an arrogant little ****, who is giving all of us on two wheels a bad name. And in this particular case, the cyclist has one of those faces you'd like to take a bat to.

F*&kin arsehole.

The point is that we should become more involved in getting all road users to obey the rules.

My pet hate is anyone who pulls through a red light before it goes green. Gets my blood boiling. Why do some okes think they're special and can do what they want?

Not to mention guys that overtake a queue in the yellow line or on the dirt shoulder, or overtake the queue in a turn only lane and then cut in front to go straight.

We know many motorists drive like tjops - us cyclists need to set a good example.

He is from Team Contego, I can get you his name on their facebook page.

It looks like Adriaan Louw

Can you post to their FB page? If so, post the link there. ;)

The point is that we should become more involved in getting all road users to obey the rules.

My pet hate is anyone who pulls through a red light before it goes green. Gets my blood boiling. Why do some okes think they're special and can do what they want?

Not to mention guys that overtake a queue in the yellow line or on the dirt shoulder, or overtake the queue in a turn only lane and then cut in front to go straight.

We know many motorists drive like tjops - us cyclists need to set a good example.

Unfortunately this is a loosing battle, taxis and busses will NEVER obey the rules....

Like I said people mostly target cyclist, not EVERY road user.....

One more thing to remember, we all ASSUME that every cyclist out there knows the road rules, how many people do you see riding on the wrong side of the road....because they do not have a license and do not know any better? Maybe this guy really thinks that robots are for cars only?

BTW way, with the attitude of cycling CLUBS in SA I think that we are fighting a loosing battle....

Edited by Niner