Show us your pets

tunariaan

Maybe getting outside will be the distraction the kitty needs to forget about the stump. I fretted so much about Squamish when he lost his leg, but, he was straight out the car from the moment I got him home from the vet and going mad in the garden. He doesn't give his stump one moment's thought! 

You might be right. But I'm very insecure now since the last 2 times didn't go to well. 

Although, I did see some real improvement for the first time yesterday. He was really relaxed without the cone, slept on my lap for about 2 hours, and he looked angry at his tail bit but left it alone.... If he continues like this for the next days, I will let him go out again. 

here's a video of him from a few years ago, look at that beautiful thick fluffy tail

(on a side note: if I ever get that son of a you-know-what who set out that trap....he'd better go running) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WELIrvOgD1o 

Edited by Belgian biker

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that was my lab, it would have taken perfect timing and a quick shutterspeed... before he gobbled up the last one! 

7705463b46846589e962faa76744bc1a.jpg

Can't recall if I shared post of the Rotties playing ball in the pool over the hot festive season, so here is one in any case !

More!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's such a cool shot!

If that was my lab, it would have taken perfect timing and a quick shutterspeed... before he gobbled up the last one! 

And you'd keep getting the fingers of your left hand caught bottom left in the frame despite pulling it away as fast as you can after placing the treat before the impatient brat snaps it up!  :cursing:  :clap:

2d99cb71f883e89a226a272c040321f0.jpge6f2d0a1bfe9648e0e447ab58c58aa69.jpgbda209dbd55b6f4de74abfc1682c0153.jpg

Question- do you find you struggle to keep your pool clear with the dogs swimming? I have had a cloudy pool for months now. ( either cloudy green or cloudy blue) when I queried it with my pool service they told me a dog jumping in is the equivalent of 18 people swimming in the pool.

Not really. Only 2 issues: losing hair clogs up the weir basket quicker than usual and then also at times they are wet and run through the flower beds and shrubs then bring dirt/mud into the pool

Awesome pics, Joey! 

Love the cocked heads, Dusty! 

Finally got the results of Ruby's biopsy yesterday. It's not either of the two kinds of lupus, but she does have a kind of auto-immune condition with a long-winded name. The irritation on her nose is believed to be caused by an as-yet unidentified bacterium or allergen. Nothing too serious, and it will be case of managing it, which we sorta have been doing already.

She was a bit exhausted after her visit to the vet yesterday...didn't quite make it onto her bed.

post-1604-0-04109200-1453448402_thumb.jpg

We're both booked for a grooming this weekend... :blush:

Edited by Tumbleweed

After awhile he develops these ice balls in his hair...its a bit of a mission everytime we go for a walk to get him dry before going in the flat. He is really good though, we have a beach towel at the door and he goes and sits on it waiting for someone to come dry him first, once dry he sprints off down the passage usually to go drink some water.

post-182-0-76590300-1453478120_thumb.png

After awhile he develops these ice balls in his hair...its a bit of a mission everytime we go for a walk to get him dry before going in the flat. He is really good though, we have a beach towel at the door and he goes and sits on it waiting for someone to come dry him first, once dry he sprints off down the passage usually to go drink some water.

attachicon.gifCapture3.PNG

I have come To realise that that snout and hair is like a combination of a sponge and Velcro

I have come To realise that that snout and hair is like a combination of a sponge and Velcro

Tell me about it, every time he drinks water from his bowl (in the kitchen) it (the snout) leaves a trail of water in the house...