How to order a Scott bike - and actually receive it.

ibruegge

Let me close this chat from our side. We as one of the biggest Scott dealers in SA do our best to get the product in time. What can we do if Scott SA [ Probike } do not get their order as promised from overseas ? What pressure can we put on them? Cancel our order? That will not help us at all nor will it help you. They are only in the hands of the supplier abroad and so is Cannondale and some other brands as well.

We do allot of imports from abroad and sometimes our orders get postponed for weeks just saying sorry products delayed.

Now the good news. Please pop in at our shop and I will buy you a nice cup of coffee from our new Coffee Republic coffee shop that is opening tomorrow. I am sure that you will understand it better after chatting to me personally.

NOW THAT IS WHAT I LIKE ABOUT SERVICE....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29er Cubes have arrived at CRC! Well priced too! Obviously it's best to try the local Cube guys first but as far as I know they don't have the wide range and avaiability that CRC have.

CRC have posted all the offerings up but looks like stock is only due around March next year

Thanks for the reply, appreciated - however:

I literally begged your sales staff to issue the full invoice for full prepayment (as the insurance wanted to pay for the bike) - it was not me who didn't want to pay a deposit. You could have had the money in the bank at the point of ordering - even though, learning now how the bike industry seems to work, it wouldn't have made any difference to the waiting period or how your supplier treated my order.

Your reply however is just an apology - what I still don't understand is how LBS just accept this? What is your benefit of having a massive Scott stand, if this is how ProBike and at the end of the day Scott treat you? At what point do you tell Probike that happy clients are more important to you than a certain brand on your floor? At the end of the day, the pressure must come from the LBS - reading the other comments here, "back orders" seem to be the common way and my experience has been shared by many.

I do appreciate however, that you make the effort in this forum.

Unfortunately South Africa stands in the back of the queue when it comes to new bikes....the US and European markets get the new bikes first. Internationally we are small players....