Probike & Axis Bikes

Java001

Oh well, another wait and see excercise. I wonder if anyone will delay their purchase for two months on thae basis of what could be?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The secret of buying a bicycle is to not just buy a bike based on the ultimate parts spec at the best price, but to also make sure you get a bike that handles like a dream.

I would rather buy a bike with lower parts spec, but a great frame and then upgrade as parts wear than a flash speced bike the rides on the trails poorly.

I hope the new brand an deliver on the riding experience.

Probike has been very circumspect about developments there. There was a wishy-washy prss release that Probike will be "Rolled into" Scott Africa or something to that effect. It didn't talk about ownership, Raleigh's future etc.

Then there was a release that Raleigh will be distributed by someone else.

Now this.

Reality is that Probike has changed dramatically and I'm unsure what the structural changes and new committments are. Probike has allowed its BBB distributorship to go backwards - no stock, no spares, no info, no internal product knowledge.

I feel the strategy is deliberately obfuscated.

What says you Brandon?

so who's of you guys are involved with this project then? would like to have a word.

Brandon Els used to be a member of this forum and I'm pretty sure there must be other Probike employees (if they are cyclists) who are, why not just satisfy the curiosity of the Hubbers and post some pictures of their new bikes?

We want to see what they look like.

Im Not sure if this is old news and maybe you are all aware of it and im picing up stompies..

When I spoke to someone who should know at probike at the Oysterfestival, he said probike was bought by Scott to be their inhouse Distributor, So that is a given. As far as the other brands like BBB I dont know. Maybe they are less worried about having to make ends meet by doing brands like BBB and more focussed on selling bikes, since they are now owned by a bigger player.. donno, just guessing .

From Twiitter:

THeOldCootBiker Brandon Els 'There are pieces of **** flying around the SA bike industry right about now :-) Put on your helmet!'

Not necessarily anything to do with Axis Bikes. Does anyone know what it is about?

Edited by splat

Could these be on the cards?

That is not what I have seen. I doubt that this Axis and Probike's Axis are related

I like the colour scheme. It reminds me of the (Raleigh) Nomad range. In fact the mtb looks very similar to the Nomad FS Twenty in terms of design.

Edited by Jacquers