Challenge Cape Town

tri-nutter

I have sent numerous emails to Grant asking him how I can get my entry fee back. 3 weeks later I have still heard nothing from him. This is so unprofessional; no wonder the event never happend.

Has anyone been successful in getting the money back or even heard anything directly from him?

there was another forum on here regarding the Cape Town Challenge. Grant was answering a few of the guys questions on that forum.

Pathetic.

Seems they are communicating actively on their Facebook page. Seems to be trying their best - but then again I don't have money outstanding

Likewise. I actually called the race office last Thursday and spoke to a woman by the name of Taryn who was very sweet but that was about it. she said they were 'waiting for Grant to get back to the office' so they could begin processing to which I replied 'why does he need to physically be in the office for them to begin paying people?'

It is an outrage as by my calculations it usually take between 40 - 80 seconds to process an EFT and, given this race was hardly oversubscribed, it boggles the mind why they are taking so long.

Edited by tony john

That's disgusting!

It's one thing to call off a race and to screw up the last 6 months worth of training for everyone. But to paint a picture that you intend on doing good by refunding guys, and then don't is disgusting. Did they offer you a free entry into any challenge race? I heard that was on the table for everyone who had entered.

Dude if I were you I would phone a lawyer friend and get him to write Grant the harshest letter ever and threaten him with legal action. That should get the EFT's going on their side.

What a disgrace. Challenge.com should sack this incompetent bag or organizers in RSA.

Edited by Zula