2 years on and I still get a kick out of riding Snow White!

NotSoBigBen

Can't believe I built this more than 2 years ago now but still get a kick out of riding it - went for a spin round the 'hood this evening :w00t:

Have made a few changes to make it easier ride :-

1) shorter stem, twitchy now but easier on the hand/back

2) those 'toeclip' pedals were no damn good, got one foot in but it took another 2 or 3 k's before I could get the second in ... changed to some old SPD type pedals I had lying around and they work a treat

3) fitted my 'cool' YAWYD topcap

post-271-0-64819700-1323720687.jpg

As far as riding it goes .....

I am over the nearly getting ejected feeling when you inadvertently stop pedaling (then realise you can't) - simple things like riding over speed bumps etc. even become interesting

THANK HEAVENS for the front brake! Without it my hips would have been long gone unscrewed :wacko:

Haven't managed to get the fixie 'fashion' thing sorted yet but will head over to TumbleWeed's spot sometime to get some tips and loan some stuff B)

Some I don't understand:-

Cards in Spokes - huh :huh:

Nice looking ride. Start with anything wool or tweed and you will fit right in with the fixie set..

Ping Tumbleweed, can I borrow something 'wool or tweed' and a leather bag please?

Got a tweed cap for you, but the bag's not leather. It's unhip PVC…and it says Giant on it… <_<

PVC is fine but but but I would have to put duct tape over the writing :blush:

As an aside is it PC to ride a fixie without a helmet :unsure:

Only in your driveway.

Eish, will I be able to get it off afterwards…?

It's not PC, it de rigeur… ;)

Contrary opinion as always: PVC - vaguely acceptable, as long as it's made from rcycled material like an old billboard. Must be courier bag style.

Fixie with helmet? Fine, be ostracised then. Be uncool. Be terminally unhip. Be a poseur lycra roadie trying but not succeeding.

Contrary opinion as always: PVC - vaguely acceptable, as long as it's made from rcycled material like an old billboard. Must be courier bag style.

Fixie with helmet? Fine, be ostracised then. Be uncool. Be terminally unhip. Be a poseur lycra roadie trying but not succeeding.

:blush: :blush:

Oh well I guess besides that stoopid logo on his bag it looks way to 'mod' then.

I always ride my fixie in the dark sans helmet just in case the 'hub 'helmut' police are out and take a pic :wacko: