Doping announcements

Jules

Some recent cases:

Herman Fouche: tested on 16 November 2008 (94.7). Announced 13 February 2009. Turnaround: two and a half months.

Nolan Hoffman: tested on 18 October 2009 (Amashova). Announced 3 Feb 2010. Turnaround: three and a half months.

Ian McLeod: tested on 19 February 2010 (SA Champs). Announced 7 May 2010. Turnaround: two and a half months.

Michael Pepper: tested on 17 October 2010 (Amashova). Announced 10 February 2011. Turnaround: four months.

A rider allegedly tested positive on 13 March 2011 (Argus). Not yet announced. Turnaround: nine months and counting.

What is taking so long???

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are these guys taking that is testing positive?

I think I'm over the limit on caffeine!

Some would ask what they're not taking and not testing positive for.

I reckon the local pros are more likely to be taking recreational drugs than PEDs.

The International Professional cases take years sometimes!

Not for the announcement of the positive, which is the issue here. They drag the hearing/appeal process out.

Why bother doing tests if it takes so forkin long?

Because when the new season starts they drop the bomb and then he trained hard for nothing

Because when the new season starts they drop the bomb and then he trained hard for nothing

LOL

Wish they did drop a bomb instead of a little slap n tickle

Not for the announcement of the positive, which is the issue here. They drag the hearing/appeal process out.

I seem to remember in at least two of those cases that the samples had to be sent overseas for verification…

I seem to remember in at least two of those cases that the samples had to be sent overseas for verification…

So? 10-12 hour flight each way, week for testing? They have been gone since April? WTF?

So? 10-12 hour flight each way, week for testing? They have been gone since April? WTF?

It was a roundabout flight - Sao Paulo-Qatar-Bangkok-Berlin - and samples were stashed in someone's hairdo.

It was a roundabout flight - Sao Paulo-Qatar-Bangkok-Belrin - and samples were stashed in someone's hairdo.

Ah, right. The great CSA cover-up of 2011? I bet Majola is involved.