Your 2012 Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour start time

Heckflosse

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ma die ding is hulle het my so ver terug geskuif van laas jaar....hoekom weet ek nie?

en dis wat ek wil uitvind... op grond waarvan was die skuif tot heel agter/heel laaste??

Same thing happened to a friend of mine... From XX to O something. Starting an hour later than last year. Not cool. But I also noticed from the batch times how MANY people come in between 4hrs and 5-5 and a half... Glad I just ride my bike and don't have to organize this thing.

Hope you get somewhere with your query. Let us know!

Not really - sure thats where they pick up your results etc, but the text in their mail notes that they use various cirteria such as weather conditions, field size and strength etc not just your lowest index from qualifying seeding events... I want to know what race they based my seeding on as they seem to have ignored my race for victory result....

On the cycletour email they said that there were newer criteria too - also, your race for victory might have been perfect weather whereas Die Burger had a head wind for the last 40 odd Km of the race - so they compare and have a difficulty index there too.

Not me doing the seeding, so only they (cycletour guys) can help you there.

I totally got jooked. I did my first Argus last year and finished around 4:25 because I got both a rear wheel and front wheel puncture (Training partner that was weaker than me got 3:50). All my regular training partners got Q's and X's and I got YY. I get that my finishing time wasnt that great but someone else that was 15 minutes faster than me got a single digit number and hasnt ridden any seeded events since the last Argus. Does this sound right as Im not too amped to start at 9:05 with all the MTbs.

I have emailed them and am hoping for a reply.

+1

sent the same query ........ lets see what they say

I think Racetec can't handle 30'000 queries at the same time!

About Us | Services | Contact | FAQs

Sorry, an error has occured and the webmaster has been notified.

Home | Buy a Chip | Calendar | Results | Entered Events | Update My Details

+1

sent the same query ........ lets see what they say

i did a 4 01 and got LL :/ but iam not a race snake do it for fun

On the cycletour email they said that there were newer criteria too - also, your race for victory might have been perfect weather whereas Die Burger had a head wind for the last 40 odd Km of the race - so they compare and have a difficulty index there too.

Not me doing the seeding, so only they (cycletour guys) can help you there.

Ja I get that and if thats the criteria then fair enoiugh - but seems to me they are making it VERY complicated for themselves if they are really adjusting index's race by race. My thing is, if they are then why not disclose exactly how you've applied these criteria... Did drop them an email last night so will see what they (hopefully) come back with....

Which the better group to try and get the best time - VA or A?

VA WILL be fast! I know a few riders in that bunch. They ride for teams in the PPA league.

BUT, that being said, they ride for position whilst the A bunch will be for time.

Tough choice :whistling:

I've been in A before. Pain. Expect an average speed of around 41km/h when you reach Simonstown.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I see alot more charity groups in the mix as well, so that can be a factor as well...

I'm not too sure about the super seeding indexes. A friend of mine has a index better than mine(marginally 0....something), but I am starting 1 hour earlier?

I have however done 94.7k and Die Burger, whereas his last race was last years 99er...

I think Racetec can't handle 30'000 queries at the same time!

About Us | Services | Contact | FAQs

Sorry, an error has occured and the webmaster has been notified.

Home | Buy a Chip | Calendar | Results | Entered Events | Update My Details

Dunno why you are sending emails to Racetec. From the email:

'Please do not reply to this email with any seeding queries as no e-mail or telephonic queries will be accepted. An online query may be submitted by going to http://seeding.cycletour.co.za/. It may take a few working days for a formal response, so please do NOT resubmit the form.

If you have previously sent a seeding request, and we have acknowledged your request, then the information that you provided has been taken into account.'

VA WILL be fast! I know a few riders in that bunch. They ride for teams in the PPA league.

BUT, that being said, they ride for position whilst the A bunch will be for time.

Tough choice :whistling:

Ja, been in VA the last few years, but no license yet this year so in A. Just wondering whether I should bother with a license as I'm not going to be contesting the sprint in VA and some of the accelerations hurt. Is A more steady or the guys also putting in attacks?

Also fun rider - pretty unhappy with my seeding - TT @ 8:46, lodged a query already.

I was SS last year, so they dropped me a group even though my Argus last year was 45 mins quicker than 2010, and my 2011 Die Burger was 30 mins faster than 2010. And both rides I finished higher up the order, and with faster avg speed. Almost seems like they haven't used my 2011 results. Will have to see what the query outcome is.

Edited by walkerr

I'm not too sure about the super seeding indexes. A friend of mine has a index better than mine(marginally 0....something), but I am starting 1 hour earlier?

I have however done 94.7k and Die Burger, whereas his last race was last years 99er...

Thats the point - why the smoke and mirrors. How hard would it be to add their calcs to the bottom of your email... would save them a hell of a lot of time in dealing with queries....

eg add a table like this

Seeding events // Index // Factor // Adjusted Index

Argus 2010 // 15 // -1.5 // 10

Argus 2011 // 10 // 1.1 // 11

94.7 // 13 // 1.0 // 13

die Burger // 12 // -1.1 // 10.9

Qualifying adjusted seeding index used is therefore Argus 2010 = 10.0

overall plus or minus factor for no. of seeding events done bla bla bla = -1.1

Adjusted seeding index = 9.09 = Group ZZZZZ starting time 12.34

Edit - table not looking so good....

Edited by dracs

i did a 4 01 and got LL :/ but iam not a race snake do it for fun

i got a LL and my son a YY we did 2011 Argus and Burger together. i just have a 2010 argus that he dont have.

But others that i know did not do any seeding rides and got a XX start and someone that did only Burger ( 25 min faster than us) got AA ..... something definatly wrong with the seeding

Bur like you say .......some of us ride for fun :) ........ and the enjoyment ........... :thumbup:

Ja, been in VA the last few years, but no license yet this year so in A. Just wondering whether I should bother with a license as I'm not going to be contesting the sprint in VA and some of the accelerations hurt. Is A more steady or the guys also putting in attacks?

I wonder too if it is worthwhile to get a licence..... I am in A but I reckon I could have possibly made elites.

I would hope that A would be the same as VA taking into account any attacks - but I think it'll be more surges as a group rather than attacks to break the bunch. As I say, i hope.....