Anti - doping rule violation

FJP

I have just received this in my inbox

Dear Affiliates

Please be informed that Russell Lund has been found guilty of an anti-doping rule violation. The sanction is a two year period of ineligibility and he is therefore prohibited from competing in any organised sport up to and including 04 April 2013.

An extract from the notice to him:

‘Further to the anti-doping disciplinary hearing that took place on the 27 October 2011 in Johannesburg, you were found guilty under article 2.1 of the South African Institute for Drug-Free Sport Anti-Doping Rules 2009 relating to the presence of a prohibited substance in your sample.

The decision of the Anti-Doping Disciplinary Committee is the following:
The imposition of a period of ineligibility of two (2) years, but that the period of ineligibility is credited against the period for which you had been formally suspended. Accordingly, you are prohibited from competing in any organised sport until and including the 04 April 2013.’

Cycling South Africa will continue its efforts to eradicate the sport of such infringements and as such, ongoing education and awareness programmes in partnership with SAIDS will be a continued focus.

William Newman

Vice President

Cycling South Africa

+27 (0) 21 9039580 (Telephone)

+27 (0) 83 321 3695 (mobile)

+27 (0) 86 616 1458 (Fax)

william@cyclingsa.com (E-mail)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob give the Hub 'CSI'ers' a chance ;) - I'm sure they'll publish his race results any minute .......

So, um, another nobody, doping to finish 3rd in "D" cat?

He was, when he got busted, a member of the Cycle Lab 30+ race team. He won his category in the Argus last year, as well as some other races.

The announcement doesn't say what he got caught using though.

He won his category in the Argus last year

Does this relate to the 'alleged' positive at the Argus last year?

The "alleged" positive had just been confirmed. :)

Ah. Right. Dumb Cracker.

shocking....

I mean I know the VA's ride hard, but what the hell has gone wrong in someone's life to make them resort to dope to win the VA argust?

VA at the World Fun ride champs...

Look we all know the V Cats are quite hard and competitve but FS what's there to gain by winning there, maybe some cycling related equipment sponsorship .....versus throwing your name and rep away for ever....

LOL

I mean I know the VA's ride hard, but what the hell has gone wrong in someone's life to make them resort to dope to win the VA argust?

fame, money, recognition, the women who throw themselves at you, yachts, champagne....

oh wait... he probably drove home in his sedan just like the rest of us. No-one here even knew who he was...

the sad thing is his non cycling mates will never know he doped, and he can still tell them he won subvets