Argus 2012 - Bad luck stories?

W@nna-BE

Glad you did not crash, Winrgy...

Having a few big blade cuts across your fore arm is a lil' worse than your experience. :blush:

So were you in the group with the ladies that went down 50m from the finish?

:cursing: Got apuncture coming down from Suikerbos - front - nearly came off! After fixing, got on my way then realised I had left my Oaklys by the side of the road. Had to walk back about 500m in very narrow grass verge because of thousands of descending bikes!! Episode cost me almost 30 minutes :mellow:

So were you in the group with the ladies that went down 50m from the finish?

Nah, just making a relative statement of what is really a bad luck story...

Did you see it though? It was rough.

*if it was me, I'd sent through some pics already to the D Ville Roadie thread* :blush:

Edited by danseuse

Apologies, it wasn't this year but one year I had this silly urge to fiddle with my back brake on the start line. You know the rest; brake binding slightly the whole way and I couldn't understand how my riding partner just rode away from me, even downhill. Stopped for a crash at the top of Suikerbossie and just getting started when some tjop who'd built up a head of steam from well back rear ended me (while shouting "hold your line") sending a sensitive part of my anatomy onto the cross bar. I was most pleased to see the finish and the physio's.

As I wrote in my other topic:

My RD got caught in my wheel and bent pulling the RD over to the top front of the cassette into the wheel, I tried to bring it back down and my RD broke off...and that gentlemen was my Argus done and dusted...

It was my best seeding to date with ±5 months of training at least 4 days per week and then it ends with a mechanical...

So i started in B. Within 2km from the start there were 2 crashes in from of me.

Had to unclip one foot both times. That's my race done before reaching hospital bend.

Came in @ 3h13.

Almost exact same story here. 1.5 km's from the start a ripple goes through the bunch, guy next to me swerves my way (not really his fault) and somehow bumps into my rear wheel. Broken spoke, bent rim and derailleur. Waved the B group bye bye as I try to bend things back in shape. With a hectic wobble and gears all over the place I finished in 3:12. Visited the bike shop yesterday and the rear wheel is FUBAR. ("Ek kan nie glo jy het aan gery nie!"). Oh, what could have been...

Last year I got sick the night before the race. Group dropped me at misty cliffs. Got a 3.05. I thought this year would be my sub 3 year. I stuck with my group and as we started suikerbossie I got my first ever cramp. Got a 3.11. Look like my sub 3 will never come.

Ps. Is it normal for a calf to be so sensitive after a cramp? It is 2 days after the cramp and I still cannot touch it without screaming with pain.

I didn't have any bad luck and I really enjoyed the ride, which I did at my GF's pace as it was her first time.

I feel guilty now for being so happy . . . . . . . :-(