[Event] XCOSA.CO.ZA Race Series #2

BodyBikeFit

Event Name: XCOSA.CO.ZA Race Series #2
When: 28 April 2012
Where: Fountains, Pretoria, South Africa, Gauteng
Category: MTB

2012 XCOSA.CO.ZA Race Series

... bringing you the fun of mountain bike lap racing!

•  
  • Burry Stander commented on the 1st race: “... the XCOSA.CO.ZA Race Series and organizers ROCK!”, Philip Buys said: “Cool race ...”, dittoed by the other participants!
  • Accumulate seeding points at 4 formally timed, CSA sanctioned races for participating in the Grand Finale – all races at Fountains (Pretoria).
  • Technical standard of the race track increases towards the Grand Finale – it started with an easy ride for the 1st race.
  • Medals, incredible prize money for top performance – up to R10,000 for a win(terms and conditions apply)!

Skills workshop to learn how to ride very next race precedes each race.BOOK YOUR 21 APR 12 SKILLS WORKSHOP NOW(limited slots)!! Call David at 0761634567

RACE DATES: 28 Jan 12; 28 Apr 12; 28 Jul 12; 20 Oct 12; 24 Nov 12

SKILLS WORKSHOP DATES: 14 Jan 12; 21 Apr 12; 14 Jul 12; 13 Oct 12

•  
  • RACE ENTRIES: ON-LINE UNTIL 24H00 ON THU, 26 APRIL 2012 AT www.itickets.co.za.
  • LIMITED LATE ENTRIES ON RACE DAY FROM 06H00-07h30 (ADDITIONAL R50 LATE ENTRY FEE);
  • NUMBER PICK-UP: 09H00-16H00 ON FRI, 27 APRIL 2012 & 06H00-07h30ON RACE DAY AT FOUNTAINS;
  • RACE TRACK OPEN FROM MON, 23 APRIL 2012

385715_416752605004658_303032293043357_1635039_688508367_n.jpg

Go to Event Page

• 4 weeks later...

<p>This series rocks - Its great for the family as young kids up to grandmasters can enter, and you don't have to wait 4 hours before seeing the riders like in some other events, because its laps! - This event is growing in festivity and sponsorship involvement - "quality event" lets support the growth of XCO in Gauteng.  Check out the stalls as well and great food that's also available.</p>

I'm keen, would you please give more info about the race? Do we do individual laps ( timed) ?

By info i mean anything not on the flyer.

Thanks

What is the profile of the course cumulative altitude wise ?

Laps for senior men?

Length of lap?

<p><strong>Mannetjie</strong>, you're right - this is real mountain biking!!!!</p>

<p> </p>

<p><strong>Gavendish</strong>, XCO is about riding in age categories, which ultimately determines nr of laps - all-in-all you will be busy racing for around 90minutes, but you won't realize it. Each age category starts separately and from there on its "balls to the wall" for 90 minutes. We had a proper timing system designed to time each of your laps with live display for anyone to see. Spectators can take-up positions anyplace around the 6km track which boasts sponsored feed zone and tech zone. You constantly ride between spectators that cheer you on and the start/finish area have a vibe that you cannot believe ...</p>

<p> </p>

<p><strong>Dubber88</strong>, each lap is about 5.8456 and you climb 85m per lap - no long drags, only high intensity short climbs and descends (no drops this time). Snr men/Elites do 8 laps, amounting to around 50km and 700m vertical cumulative climbing. Elite cat will boast elite pro male and female riders and all categories are fun-filled but highly contested.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>In May we start with XCSC (Short Course) races every 14 days which will act as timed time trails as preparation for the XCOSA.CO.ZA Race Series Grand Finale on 24 Nov - and believe you me you will need the exposure ... Remember participants accrue seeding points during the 1st 4 races for proper seeding at the Grand Finale. All at Fountains.</p>

See the new newsletter attached, it's a full on XCO race as per UCI rules. Each lap has about 85m of ascent, so it's not a hard route but fast and flowing! The idea is to get more people to ride XCO and proof that it's not necessarily difficult and or technical, but fun! So we start with an easy route at first and then gradually increase the technical standard of the route throughout the series.

We offer great prizes and a great atmosphere for the day, so be sure to bring the whole family (riders and spectators enter for FREE on race day). Also we accept entries on the day, before 9am.

I'm off to go and mark the route this morning, so from tomorrow on-wards you are MORE than welcome to go and ride the course.

Edited by BodyBikeFit

Are we able to ride the course on the morning before racing starts?

Or is Friday ok too?

Or is Friday ok too?

Yes and yes! I'll be done marking the course tomorrow afternoon, so from then on it's open to the public (still need to pay R25 at the gate though). Secondly the first race starts at 8:30am, by then I want everyone off the course, before that you are wecome to do a few practice laps.

Thanks

One more thing, if we enter, do we still have to pay entry at the gate on the day?

good question

good question

Yes for Saturday 28 April participants and spectators will not be charged the usual R25 entry fee, but that is entry to fountains only, not Groenkloof. So entry to Foutains is FREE!! :w00t: