Medals with a message

Redline

hi guys, so we all have boxes and boxes of the stuff, now we can put it to good use! Please read below and support a good cause. I am based in centurion and can collect in and around PTA should you not have the time.

Rudi

Medals with a Message

Children in hospital are faced with many unfamiliar sights, sounds and smells and they often have to undergo frightening and sometimes even painful procedures. The research that has been done on this subject concluded that if something tangible like a medal is given to a child after such a procedure, it significantly reduces stress and anxiety, changes the meaning of the experience for the child into a more positive one and help the child to cope better in future with healthcare procedures.

OPSSA therefore launched a project where medals will be collected and distributed to hospitalised children. A road runner or cyclist receives a medal to acknowledge that he/she successfully conquered the event. With this project, a medal can be given to a child after a procedure to acknowledge that he/she also successfully conquered a difficult situation and to send the child the message that he/she was very brave.

Any medals left over from events can be sent to our collection areas. However, we cannot use medals that are dirty or rusted and they should preferably still be in their original packaging.

For more information about where to drop off these medals, please contact:

Wietske Boon

Projects Coordinator

medals@opssa.org.za

cool initiative Wietske - you can have mine. All in good nick but no packaging. Not a hell of a lot and no winners medals :blush: though. Will be a dropoff point in JHB if you like?

hi Tibones, I posted on behalf of Wietskie. I am in jb cbd during office hours today and possibly friday. where are you?