New trails in the east!

KiNgL

I got this email this morning.. and man am i stocked.!!

Dear All,

It is with great pleasure that I am sending this email out.

Heartland Property Leasing, Trail Flow Sports and myself are happy to announce a new trail system situated in the heart of JHB. Not more than 5km as the crow flies from Sandton, has our team managed to design and create a haven for mountain bikers, trail runners and walkers.

We have spent countless hours cutting and implementing trails which can be utilised by regular enthusiasts as well as the novice and beginner. The trails are a combination of jeep track, single track and technical rocky sections. Although we have spent days cutting trails, we have not even scraped the tip of the iceberg, and users can be sure that every month a new and exciting addition shall be added to the route.

The trails are situated within a security fence which is patrolled 24 hours a day, however this is not an invitation for users to ride alone. In all cases please ride in groups and watch out for unsuspecting characters. Any suspicious activities are to be reported to either myself or the security guards on patrol, for immediate reaction and rectification.

The trails will be open from Saturday 21 April 2011 at 06h30.

Please see the attached documents for further information and House Rules.

Directions:

Travelling along the N3 Take the London Road off-ramp, at the traffic lights cross over London road, and continue along Peace street. Turn left into valley road, at fork in road keep left on Johannesburg Road. Continue along Johannesburg road, past the Shell garage on your right. Keep heading straight at the traffic circle, which becomes Centenary road, a large dam will be on your right. Travel around the dam, and you will see the Gautrain on your left side. At the T-Junction turn left onto Antwerp road, travel under the Gautrain railroad and continue straight at the circle, the road becomes Park avenue. At the second road turn right travel around the circle and head past Heartland House towards the sports clubhouse and find parking on either in the lot or on the soccer fields.

IMPORTANT:

In order to gain access to the trails all trail users will be required to fill out an indemnity form and pay the prescribed entry fee. Trail users are reminded that AECI land is off limits to any person who has not filled out the indemnity form and paid the prescribed fee. This is vital as the operations and manufacturing of highly dangerous chemicals within the AECI property must be taken into consideration AND BROUGHT TO THE ATTENTION OF ALL THOSE ENTERING THE AREA. ANY PERSON CAUGHT UTILISNG THE TRAILS WITHOUT FILLING IN THE INDEMNITY FORM SHALL BE DEALT WITH TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW AS A TRESSPASSER.

Please keep in mind that it is an absolute privilege to be able to utilise the land for the purposes of mountain biking, running and hiking, and that all users need to bear that in mind when utilising the trails.

So far we have a 35km lap but we will add new sections every month to keep it interesting. It just takes many hours to cut even small amounts of track. We expect to have a 50km lap by september.

Price is R40 entry. We will be hosting events and test the best bike days with Specialized in the near future, which all riders will be invited to.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. Such long directions, why didn't they just say Modderfontein?

Yeah, and I know the area well, and those directions are incomprehensible anyway.

Sounds great, but you dont want to be taking the London Road offramp.

Of course you can. Go in the back way, you head away from Alex.

PS, I see the halted work on your new neighbours house. He couldn't pay them the R400k instalment at the end of March...

I am THERE!!! so close to my house!!!!

What will the hours be like during the week?? I would love to hit some mid week sessions.... Any website maybe??

Edited by Fruity

Of course you can. Go in the back way, you head away from Alex.

PS, I see the halted work on your new neighbours house. He couldn't pay them the R400k instalment at the end of March...

You go that way and you run into Nancy Drew @ Bombela.I was more thinking the directions dont make sense starting at London Rd.

You go that way and you run into Nancy Drew @ Bombela.I was more thinking the directions dont make sense starting at London Rd.

Nope. There's a new road from the London offramp that goes along the gtrain line and intersects with Modderfontein Road...