OFFICIAL MODDERFONTEIN MTB TRAIL ANNOUNCEMENT

RickyTomCCMA

Come Ricky ,

DETAILS Bud or is it a secret , or dont you know .

how many km's is this joll .

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Link Scotty posted:

"So far we have a 35km lap but we will add new sections every month to keep it interesting. It just takes many hours to cut even small amounts of track. We expect to have a 50km lap by september.

Price is R40 entry. We will be hosting events and test the best bike days with Specialized in the near future, which all riders will be invited to. "

Is the price a bit steep? When you consider most places are charging R25 for a single day entry and they have season cards available as well on top of that.

Awesome!!! Afternoon delight! I work nearby, 1km from the trails. Will go & check them out. Will give feedback & post an Endomondo route map.

EDIT: Balls. Only open on weekends :wacko:

Edited by Ricky Bobby

From the Link Scotty posted:

"So far we have a 35km lap but we will add new sections every month to keep it interesting. It just takes many hours to cut even small amounts of track. We expect to have a 50km lap by september.

Price is R40 entry. We will be hosting events and test the best bike days with Specialized in the near future, which all riders will be invited to. "

Is the price a bit steep? When you consider most places are charging R25 for a single day entry and they have season cards available as well on top of that.

Fook me - I'm blinder than a Stevie Wonder in the dark with his hands tied behind his back.

A 35km loop is pretty sweet. I'll take 2 please sir.

R40 is expensive compared to Groenies but cheap compared to the MTN Bike Park - I'm neither here nor there on the price. Good single track with mates is priceless.

Saturday, 6:30, Iron, Mr.Shimano and I rip it up.

Well at R40 it should then be better than , Rietvlea, Thaba , Groenies ( costing R25 ) so lets see how true this is, we should get 35% odd more bang for our bucks .

Well at R40 it should then be better than , Rietvlea, Thaba , Groenies ( costing R25 ) so lets see how true this is, we should get 35% odd more bang for our bucks .

Nah, think of this way, you save the money on petrol driving to one of the other trails, spend it on entry at mudderfountain, so you are square.

Alright sorry if it was a bit vague.

It is R40 to ride.

It will be 35km route, it is a mixture of jeep and single track.

There is 24hr security patrols on the land, as well as a security gate that you will enter to get to the trails.

The course has been designed and implemented by Grant Nathan of Teak, so expect some great cycling.

Any other queries?

Price is fine, focus on making the experience good. Northern Farm is about half the price but a bit of a mission to get to. Maybe have a yearly price or 20 ticket book to keep regulars happy.

I reckon if you're nearby and safe, people will come.

It is R40 to ride.

There is 24hr security patrols on the land, as well as a security gate that you will enter to get to the trails.

The course has been designed and implemented by Grant Nathan of Teak, so expect some great cycling.

Any other queries?

Coffee shop! No ride is complete without the compulsory cup of coffee.

Nay worries - we'll go to that place 33 High Street for our caffeine fix.

Me - I'm dead keen to get out there and bash it. Thank you for creating a park rather close to my doorstep!

I just moved to Kempton....

Still Fresh from Varsity Started working.....

R40 is tight for a young gun like me...

I will go and check it out but not become a regular . R40 does not make it worth my effort to drive there no matter how awesome the trails are .

It is R40 to ride.

Any other queries?

its ok , just dont ever do it again you will get hurt on the Hub , but loved on the trails :P

Damn. For the first time in days I am not looking forward to spending the weekend with my wife and five matric girls on a Geography tour. :thumbdown: Would much rather be trying out the new rides on my doorstep. :clap: :clap:

Price is fine, focus on making the experience good. Northern Farm is about half the price but a bit of a mission to get to. Maybe have a yearly price or 20 ticket book to keep regulars happy.

I reckon if you're nearby and safe, people will come.

Northern Farms day fee is R30 but I agree, not exactly around the corner!