Ironman world record

ASG

Some guys have all the luck

I follow him on twitter and facebook and it hasn't been easy.He has been selling off bikes and wheels to raise cash for hotel accommodation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#15 Done and #16 is on Sunday in Lake Placid,New York.

IM Zurich done in 11:35

that is incredible hey

that is incredible hey

I had a chat to him this morning and he is looking forward to getting home after Sunday.

He's done 7 in 7 weeks.

I had a chat to him this morning and he is looking forward to getting home after Sunday.

He's done 7 in 7 weeks.

Do you know him personally? How long will he break for now until the next one and surely when he is on a break he doesnt just rest either he keeps the body going right? After completing my 2 x ironmans i could not think of anything worse than going to do another one a week later.

Well at least he only has to train 1 x per week, i imagine the rest of the time he just recovers and travels of course.....

Surely the travel factor is way harder than the actual racing?

And obviously getting all the $$$ together is the real tough aspect if you're not a trust fund baybee.

I know for many people ironman is like conquering their own everest, but for a full time athlete it's just a 12 hour race every week or so with a LOT of rest.

Well at least he only has to train 1 x per week, i imagine the rest of the time he just recovers and travels of course.....

He actually trains inbetween the races.Mostly speed work.

#17 done and dusted!!

James got a second place in yesterdays race with a time of 11:30

8 Races in 8 weeks :eek: :clap:

• 1 month later...

Archived