Scott Spark Pro 29 - wheels

RoboLuke

If you have a Scott Spark Pro 29 - did you change the wheels? Or not? And if you did - what did you go for?

If you have a Scott Spark Pro 29 - did you change the wheels? Or not? And if you did - what did you go for?

Changed to ZTR Crest with hope hubs . Mostly because of weight , but also because I prefer the way tires seat on a ztr rim , and the hope hubs are bombproof .

Edited by Milkman

Changed to ZTR Crest with hope hubs . Mostly because of weight , but also because I prefer the way tires seat on a ztr rim , and the hope hubs are bombproof .

How much weight did you save?

My mate wrote off both his stock wheels on his Spark Elite within 30min at the Bryanston Bike Park.

He replaced them with Shimano MT75 wheels and hubs. So far so good!

Edited by divernick

Also consider the American Classics if you heavier that 80kgs.

Apparently the ZTR Crests are only for skinny ous

Just bought a Scott Spark Elite and replaced wheels with the new 2012 American Classics.

Did the same.

I have a friend with a bike like that. Got himself a set of Crests. Now he only rides the oem wheels. He says they are good enough.

Don't fix something that ain't broke.

heres my mates wheelset after going down a jeeptrack this last weekend., I decided against ZTR crests.

post-14491-0-35403000-1337230159.jpg

Edited by covie

heres my mates wheelset after going down a jeeptrack this last weekend., I decided against ZTR crests.

what are those orange plastic things in the spokes? looks like the problem

Why are all the stock standard 29ers all coming out with heavy wheels (other than the momsens)

Why are all the stock standard 29ers all coming out with heavy wheels (other than the momsens)

Cause momsen has a really heavy frame and to get it inline with general market accepted weight they had to put on lighter wheelset.

what are those orange plastic things in the spokes? looks like the problem

Lol yeah he has been advised on many occasions to remove the reflectors though he seems to like them.

but also because I prefer the way tires seat on a ztr rim

That there is the reason I will never buy any other rim, I always struggle to seat tyres on other rims, and I get unhealthy angry when it does not want to seat. I seat my tyres with a normal foot pump. And they are light!

How!