Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally received my Saris M2 on Monday afternoon.

Due to work pressure I only managed to get it fully set up, synced and calibrated yesterday afternoon. Did two short sessions, and my first impressions with the Rouvy app, is that is an almost real life experience, and damn hard work to boot.

post-87-0-79695800-1590055136_thumb.jpg

post-87-0-65223600-1590055158_thumb.jpg

post-87-0-22335800-1590055185_thumb.jpg

Got Ghillie Kettle / Kelly Kettle / Thermette for my b/day. Was supposed to be a bike packing pressie from the wife along with my Hennesy Hammock tent but turned that the one she bought was the big one so bike packing kit has now gone straight to the camping kit and I'm stoked! Boils up a large amount of water in about 4 minutes just using tinder, leaves etc. 

post-15825-0-32337100-1590058333_thumb.jpg

Got Ghillie Kettle / Kelly Kettle / Thermette for my b/day. Was supposed to be a bike packing pressie from the wife along with my Hennesy Hammock tent but turned that the one she bought was the big one so bike packing kit has now gone straight to the camping kit and I'm stoked! Boils up a large amount of water in about 4 minutes just using tinder, leaves etc. 

attachicon.gifghillie.jpg

Those things are absolutely amazing and they work like a bomb. :thumbup:

Those things are absolutely amazing and they work like a bomb. :thumbup:

My kiwi mates swear by them and I can see why. Keen to get into the wilderness with it... but for now I'm going to make a brew at the end of the garden and have the kids wonder why their dad is so weird!  :clap:

My kiwi mates swear by them and I can see why. Keen to get into the wilderness with it... but for now I'm going to make a brew at the end of the garden and have the kids wonder why their dad is so weird!  :clap:

That's not weird at all. You have to test it. It's written down somewhere, in a crusty old tome called "standard initial operations of new implements" or something. 

Like a tent in the back garden / lounge / garage. You have to check to see if it all works out properly, and leave the tent poles at home at least once in its life. EDIT: Preferably within 30 min of leaving home, most likely when you're 30 min away from the destination and you've already travelled for 5 hours. 

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

New XO1 Eagle Groupo.

Now the long wait for my plastic rims start (in customs). Then the overhaul is complete... for now.

attachicon.gif20200521_182505.jpg

Good on you for doing your refresh while keeping the Slade, even though I so badly want to pry it from your grubby paws. 

Good on you for doing your refresh while keeping the Slade, even though I so badly want to pry it from your grubby paws.

Hahaha you slept on it a day too long, which gave me just enough time to fall in love with the Slade again :)

This is why I started the more "correct" albeit tedious method of drop per link chain lubing...

51c2168ac556d4ca5803888e63eb03db.jpg

Thank goodness my lbs is open...

b80efa6533f55d74b7eced9c96039189.jpg