Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ed24f9a25a142bfef166e30a14e9fdc0.jpg

I forgot the new gloves on my last ride, ate dirt after a jump went awry and now I'm (still) picking gravel from my palms.

Disclaimer: I own lots of Versus socks but they don't do them in orange yet.

Edited by justanotherbiker

Look what arrived today. Super excited, just need my rear triangle back from repair now to test these babies out.

I have the same pedals, they are amazing! Just watch your legs, given the chance they will rip them to pieces lol :)

Couldn't agree more on the Saints, great pedals but they can be painful at times.

Me personally, starting to think they are a bit too chunky. Would prefer something with a slimmer profile.

Couldn't agree more on the Saints, great pedals but they can be painful at times.

Me personally, starting to think they are a bit too chunky. Would prefer something with a slimmer profile.

good luck finding slimmer profile at a decent cost. Closest I've found so far have been the Spank Spikes (12mm vs 17 on the Saints) but eeesh. $$$

Giant have a good looking premium offering (different to the ones we've seen here) that are also 12mm, but I'm not sure how much they are. 

Most common width is approx 17mm. And TBH I'm not sure how well a 5mm reduction in platform size would work - 2.5mm each side. That's not exactly a large saving... You'd still have issues. 

ed24f9a25a142bfef166e30a14e9fdc0.jpg

I forgot the new gloves on my last ride, ate dirt after a jump went awry and now I'm (still) picking gravel from my palms.

Disclaimer: I own lots of Versus socks but they don't do them in orange yet.

I really like white kits. Beats the sun too. But I fall way too often to keep them clean.

NICE!!! How's the tire on there? WHere'd you get them?

Tyre is a Spaz Ground Control 2.3 back and Purgatory 2.3 front. Gave them a full blast at Hoogies and Conters yesterday. Absolutely awesome. Clapped my Strava ( :ph34r: ) time on Hoogies.

Got the rims at This Way Out at Conters and the hub at CWC. This Way also did the build.

So far very happy.

How does these rims compare to stan's arch?

What spokes did you use for the build?

8mm wider, for one. Which means mooooooaoaaaaaarrr grip and better rolling resistance on the rough stuff. 

Also better sidewall support. And just moar wider...