Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this justifies a post

Stoked!!!!!

Only saw your post now, how do you like my new saddle............ 26ca88ce683a259133130cb047cb030d.jpgb8485435deabff1d14acf18a6db383d5.jpg

Saw it at my LBS and even though the orange doesn't suit my bikes color scheme at al it draw my attention and I just had to have it!

27493_0_Schuh_Mavic_Alpine_weiss_Modell_

Buycycle just got a shipment of these at a really good price so I ordered a pair.

Suitable for date night and perfect for Bellville's notorious underground brakedance gambling circut.

There's a pair of these in black at my Lbs, also for a very good price, but it just ain't exactly my style. 1216cd03d508e6fad6d5274edbed9530.jpg

I may or may not have done something quite silly... but awesome... but very 'stupid man'... but eyahhhhhhhh! 

Just waiting on the call to find out exactly how stupid excited poor much of a man child I actually am. Crossing fingers. 

attachicon.gifwhatisit.jpg

Like those transitions

So this was ordered today...will post some actuals when its here

Great bike, wish I could afford one!!  Canyon going to ship directly to SA?

Great bike, wish I could afford one!! Canyon going to ship directly to SA?

Shipping to Dubai to avoid some duties and taxes.... and then just zipping over for a quick family visit

Shipping to SA is possible- I just dont love SARS

Edited by Oakley360

The mistress got new legs...

502d842c05a0f22f16f7275b185e8328.jpg

Had new wheels built. ZTR Alpine with Novatec hubs. The Deore XT rims I had just couldn't hold air anymore due to corrosion around the tire seat

Yeah, she is old. She is my only ride, but she is a good ride.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Not a 'new' purchase but replaced the tatty old white tape on my tarmac with some fresh new red tape thanks to Pikey - thanks mate!

Need to check with the 'fashionista' if it falls within the rules:-

Rule #8 // Saddles, bars, and tires shall be carefully matched

Valid options are:

- Match the saddle to the bars and the tires to black; or
- Match the bars to the color of the frame at the top of the head tube and the saddle to the color of the frame at the top of the seat tube and the tires to the color where they come closest to the frame; or
- Match the saddle and the bars to the frame decals; or
- Black, black, black

post-271-0-96424700-1478149707_thumb.jpeg

The mistress got new legs...

502d842c05a0f22f16f7275b185e8328.jpg

Had new wheels built. ZTR Alpine with Novatec hubs. The Deore XT rims I had just couldn't hold air anymore due to corrosion around the tire seat

Yeah, she is old. She is my only ride, but she is a good ride.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with that.

whahaha, had the exact same shopping basket, and at the last moment went for the i29's - just because I'm worried about tyre clearance at the back on a 40mm rim! In Jhb at customs at the moment - flip!

Overall width of the tyre won't change by much. 

See:

WIDE RIMS CHANGE TO TIRE SIZE:

Going to wider rims, the tire's circumference doesn't grow taller. I've closely measured rollout curcumference which calculates to tire height, and measured knob width too. Using the same 2.3 Pacenti neo-moto tire on a 650b x 40mm Derby Rims compared to a 28mm Blunt, the tire doesn't grow taller, the tire is no higher at the center knobs, and the edge knobs are actually a very small measurement narrower, about 0.0225 inch  or 0.6 mm narrower. But the edge knobs do "stand up" a little higher making a more "square" tread profile, and these edge knobs do come closer to the arch of a fork or yoke of a chain-stay by about 1.5mm, so it is slightly closer clearance above the edge knobs.

28mm internal

post-3056-0-46781500-1478163599_thumb.jpg

34mm internal

post-3056-0-79753000-1478163599_thumb.jpg

Edited by Myles Mayhew