Teresa Ralph : Epic preparation

Does anyone know whether Teresa used a coach for her epic preparation, also what kind of training did she do to get in such great form for how long?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2012 Epic 2nd women and 32nd overall - bloody super!

Who?

2nd Woman and 32nd overall in 2012 Epic.

Not kidding, perhaps just not on top of the particular flavor of the sport that Theresa Ralph distinguishes herself in.

Thanks DJR, now the bits come together.

Edited by DawieO

Very strong MTB, besides the Epic some other achievements are 1st women and 2nd overall in Magilies monster (5 sec behind the winner) and Mabalingwe womens champ, Theresa and her partner Karien van Jaarsveld were also leading iin Sani2C and very likely would have won but lost over an hour due to technical problems.

The crux is quality training - my athletes spend no more than 12-15 hours a week for Epic training on average, and for that you don't need to be a pro rider. Results: 1st SA mixed team 2011 (2nd overall mixed teams), and more ...

From what i have been told (take into account this is part hearsay), she followed a very strict training regime. She rode somewhere in the region of 20-25 hours a week (including spinning). This usually involoved some very long distance rides on Sat & Sun... in the region of 120-145km (on the mtb). So in the end it was all about training, and time in the legs...

She is not a pro.... yet.... but there is no doubt she is one of two of the best marathon ladies in SA at the moment?

Not bad for someone who works, has young children and isnt in her 20's anymore??

Edited by Paulst12

and no she is not a proffesional but should be :-(

+1 Absolutely!! She is currently the only lady that gives Arianne Kleynhans a run for her money in MTB Marathons.....that is if she is not actually beating her!! Great form she has at the moment!! :thumbup:

Edited by Gerhardc

and no she is not a proffesional but should be :-(
+1 Absolutely!! She is currently the only lady that gives Arianne Kleynhans a run for her money in MTB Marathons.....that is if she is not actually beating her!! Great form she has at the moment!! :thumbup:

Read somewhere (Tread Mag?) that she works in the IT dept of one of the big 4 banks

From what i have been told (take into account this is part hearsay), she followed a very strict training regime. She rode somewhere in the region of 20-25 hours a week (including spinning). This usually involoved some very long distance rides on Sat & Sun... in the region of 120-145km (on the mtb). So in the end it was all about training, and time in the legs...

She is not a pro.... yet.... but there is no doubt she is one of two of the best marathon ladies in SA at the moment?

Not bad for someone who works, has young children and isnt in her 20's anymore??

20 - 25 hours a week...jeesh where do you get time for that...get up at 1 in the morning to train

I heard she ate lots of ginger biscuits

heheheheh grapgat...daai auntie is rooi warm op a bike....demmit now I am doing it.

Read somewhere (Tread Mag?) that she works in the IT dept of one of the big 4 banks

mmm that narrows it down..seeing as we only have 5 banks in SA ;-0