2012 thehubsa TdF competiton

Frosty

Due to popular demand, substitutions will be allowed. In 2011, a number of top contenders crashed out after being caught up in a bunch crash, i.e. Wiggens, Vino, vd Broek, etc.

Here's how it will work:

1. Pick 3 substitutes in order of replacement;

2. If a rider has to withdraw because of a bunch crash, you get to replace that rider with your first substitute, to a max of three.

3. Points will only be awarded from the day of substitution onwards.

4. Should the rider crash in any of the TT's, and retire as a result, then unfortunately this rule won't apply. The same with doping offenses, missing the time cutoff or DQ - no substituting allowed.

The substitutes will also be used to break any ties at the end of the competition.

More about that later tonight - back to work for me!!

I'm expecting quite a bit of early withdrawals due to Olympics. So this rule only applies to crashes and not any other type of exit from the Tour?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to popular demand, substitutions will be allowed. In 2011, a number of top contenders crashed out after being caught up in a bunch crash, i.e. Wiggens, Vino, vd Broek, etc.

Subsitutes?

Rant on

WTFlip is this place coming to, next thing people will want reserve teams!!

Its cycling and TDF FFS... the game should be just like the real thing not some play station type thingy that allows you to restart after you got blatted by some other geek...

Rant off

Subsitutes? No, it's substitutes :D

Rant on

WTFlip is this place coming to, next thing people will want reserve teams!!

Its cycling and TDF FFS... the game should be just like the real thing not some play station type thingy that allows you to restart after you got blatted by some other geek...

Rant off

that's why it's a FANTASY cycling competition - it's not the real thing :whistling:

that's why it's a FANTASY cycling competition - it's not the real thing :whistling:

Humph!!

If i want fantasy I'll close my eyes.....

So if its FANTASY... can those who dont have reserve cheats riders get bonus points if their original riders finish the race?

Humph!!

So if its FANTASY... can those who dont have reserve cheats riders get bonus points if their original riders finish the race?

The rules say, if you are tied for first place and you did not use any reserves but your fellow hubber did use reserves, you will win by default.

Humph!!

I'm with SwissVan here.

Crashing is part of racing and Grand Tours.

Although the rules state:

"Should one of your selected riders crash out of the tour, due to a bunch crash, or outside influence (a vehicle bumping him into a barbed wire fence), and they're unable to continue, the your first choice substitute will be allowed to replace the rider from the next stage and score points from that stage onwards." I think we need clarification on some aspects of this.

What constitutes a bunch crash? How many riders?

When does the departing rider need to withdraw? How many stages grace will be allowed between the crash and the withdrawal?

Does your own team car constitute "outside influence"? Or a police raid ala Festina in 2008? Or Saunier Duval/Astana team withdrawals due to team members doping but not the selected rider?