2012 JCP STEEL Octoberfest MTB Challenge - Heidelberg Gauteng

Gerhardc

Hi Guys,

New race, New Challenges......close to Johannesburg.....fun for the whole family!!! :clap:

OKTOBERFEST MTB RACE

Race flyer3.pdf

entryform.pdf

SATURDAY, 27 OCTOBER

Venue: Heidelberg Golf Club (Gauteng)

START PRE-ENTRIES LINE-ENTRIES(from 6:00 at the venue)

59KM(8:00) R 160 R 180

29KM(8:20) R 110 R 130

Entry fee includes a R50 entry voucher for the Oktoberfest beer tent and a free drink.

Route description:

29km: Tolal ascent 470m. The climbing is very manageable with mostly gradual climb. The game reserve portion and a technical ascent and descent has been removed from the 59km race to create this route. Ideal for the novice and lesser fit rider. Route profile to be attached later.

59km: We pride ourselved on this route. If you want to make a step up from the normal 1/2 marathon distances, this is the race to do so. Seriously consider this distance if you think you may be fit enough to do so. Over 1000m ascent. Endless awesome singletrack. 20km in a private game reserve with awesome views and riding. Technical ascents and descent. Make no mistake, this is a proper mtb route and guaranteed you will want to come back to do it again next year. Highest point almost 1800m above sea level. Route profile to be attached later.

Good prizes too. This will be finalized and announced later. We also promise one of the best supporters and post race venues with the Octoberfest in full swing. Big tent with cold beer and drinks, Umpha band and German food available all day. Putt-put course for the kids. We aim to make it the perfect family day out for a mtb family.

Route profiles and other news to be published on this site soon!

For further info or website info go to:

http://www.heidelber...t-mtb-race.html

Edited by Gerhardc

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit 24 Oct: Pre-entries closes Thursday 25 Oct at 10am

Trail building complete. 22km singletrack awaits you (60km loop).

Thanks Gerhardc!

Apart from the German food on sale, there will also be jaffels, pancakes, sosaties, hamburgers and worsrolls.

There will also be coffee and muffins on sale from 6:15.

Bring soap and a towel and have a shower in the clubhouse afterwards. The party goes on till 11pm!

Oh, and there will be a free kiddies race on the golfcourse around 9am with a small prize for them all. More details later.

Looking forward to see you guys and girls there.

Edited by KnobbyMech

Golf towel giftpack for the first 100 entries (it is in benefit of the golfcourse afterall).

Droeëwors at waterpoints.

Lots of ice cold beers! :thumbup:

Make sure there are plenty, especially if Springs Wheelers are there. And lots of Millar’s for the ladies. :clap:

Edited by Dustbin Dog

Delta Dash, Outback Challenge, USN race all on same day but the Beerfest is very attractive :drool:

Make sure there are plenty, especially if Springs Wheelers are there. And lots of Millar’s for the ladies. :clap:

We see you guys riding "our turf" regularly. You will be blown away by what riding lies South-East of Heidelberg. Your long rides towards us will change forever. Millar's - check!

Timing and registration will be done by RaceTime and race results will be posted on their website.

Photos will be done by Od-Event-Photographers.

Uh oh I'll have to take my 'A' game http://1.1.1.1/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/eek.gif

You better :devil:

or perhaps do the 30km :w00t:

You better :devil:

or perhaps do the 30km :w00t:

Eish, sounds like we will need a faster lead bike! Glad you guys will make it!

Any news on the route profile? Very curious to see, as there is so much untapped potential in the Heidelberg area.

Any news on the route profile? Very curious to see, as there is so much untapped potential in the Heidelberg area.

So true! Will link all the sections on Google Earth and post it here later this week. Over 1000m ascent for 59km and around 420m for the 29km.

There is a spot at 1800m abs where you look down over JHB, the whole East Rand, Balfour and Grootvlei, not to mention how picturesque our little town seems from there. We will have to put a "look-up" signboard there cause the the guys may be too busy dodging Eland and rock at that point.