MiWay insurance - Do not trust them for a second

Single Track

Everyone be careful of using MiWay MTB, I have been trying now for 2 days to get cover and after agreeing on the value of my bike they sent my policy to me my bike valued at R21 000 was insured for R2000 and I was still paying what they said I would pay for R21 000 cover.

There telephone operators also give you the incorrect information which blatantly contradicts the fine print. (I personally record every phone call) MiWay.

I asked the opeerator what my excess would be, she said R400. I asked her if she was sure, she said yes. Because of that I gave them the go ahead with the policy. They only send you the policy after you gave them the go ahead. I see now my excess is R2400(on a bik which they have insurede at R2000).

Their service is SHOCKING and even though I'm paying for insurance now for both my bikes and im cofident that if I ever need to claim they will not pay out.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had similar issues with their car insurance! I was paying R800+ per month for my insurance on a Golf Velocity. When I asked them to revise my rate as I am now over 25 they said that it was not possible...but when I v

Called them to cancel they quickly made arrangements for my premium to be dropped!

I'm shocked, hurt and a little bit offended!

I have recentley had my frame replaced by Miway and my excess was R400-00. There weren't any issues from Miway's side. Although I had issues from Cycle Lab which the bike was sent to to be assessed. It has left a rather bitter taste towards cycle lab and not Miway.

I've also not had the best experience with MiWay. It really peeves me when you ask for a quote, you get a figure of X, but then you say I'm currently getting Y from another insurer. Then they quickly re-work the quote and offer you Z. And then when you say you're not interested, they offer you an even cheaper rate! Why not just offer your best deal first!

I've also not had the best experience with MiWay. It really peeves me when you ask for a quote, you get a figure of X, but then you say I'm currently getting Y from another insurer. Then they quickly re-work the quote and offer you Z. And then when you say you're not interested, they offer you an even cheaper rate! Why not just offer your best deal first!

Agree. I've got a friend who every year on the anniversary of his cover, he battles it out with Outsurance to renegotiate his cover. He is quick to tell everyone how he saves so much but the time and pain he spends sorting it out is not worth it.

I have had nothing but good vibes from miway! both bikes stolen, replacements found no problem. I did not like the replacements that they could get from their approved suppliers and so they just gave me the value of the bikes cash!

House got broken into, replaced everything no questions asked.

Maybe you just have a useless guy helping you?

Work through a broker and stop falling for the "skip the middleman" spin. Funny how it worked out cheaper using a broker http://1.1.1.4/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/wink.png

Exactly. Going through broker today. What a difference in service and so worth it.

Work through a broker and stop falling for the "skip the middleman" spin. Funny how it worked out cheaper using a broker wink.png

Indwe (underwritten by santam) works for me!

Exactly. Going through broker today. What a difference in service and so worth it.

When I bought my car in February I just emailed my broker to say I'm buying an i10 from Stellenbosch Hyundai and he must contact person X and the car is being financed with Y. He did all the work for me

Work through a broker and stop falling for the "skip the middleman" spin. Funny how it worked out cheaper using a broker wink.png

+1

Everyone be careful of using MiWay MTB, I have been trying now for 2 days to get cover and after agreeing on the value of my bike they sent my policy to me my bike valued at R21 000 was insured for R2000 and I was still paying what they said I would pay for R21 000 cover.

There telephone operators also give you the incorrect information which blatantly contradicts the fine print. (I personally record every phone call) MiWay.

I asked the opeerator what my excess would be, she said R400. I asked her if she was sure, she said yes. Because of that I gave them the go ahead with the policy. They only send you the policy after you gave them the go ahead. I see now my excess is R2400(on a bik which they have insurede at R2000).

Their service is SHOCKING and even though I'm paying for insurance now for both my bikes and im cofident that if I ever need to claim they will not pay out.

Hi there,

Thanks for making contact with us on Facebook and Hellopeter and for giving us the opportunity to address your concerns. Vivian spoke with you earlier and explained that the amount your bike was insured for was indeed the full amount of R21,000. All the nitty gritty detail is in our response to your Hellopeter comment here: http://www.hellopeter.com/company-zone/update-response?report=917682.

Again, we apologise for keeping you on hold and for any confusion our Policy Wording caused you! Don't hesitate to contact us should you have any more queries with regards to your bike's insurance.

Anyone else needing their bicycle insurance queries answered, please feel free to drop us a mail and we'll help you as best we can!

Thanks,

The MiWayMTB Team

mtb@miway.co.za

I have recentley had my frame replaced by Miway and my excess was R400-00. There weren't any issues from Miway's side. Although I had issues from Cycle Lab which the bike was sent to to be assessed. It has left a rather bitter taste towards cycle lab and not Miway.

That's great feedback to hear, thanks! However, it's not great for CycleLab, our service partner. We'd like the opportunity to find out what went wrong with your assessment and address this with them - if you're willing of course. Please drop us a mail on mtb@miway.co.za with your details so we can trace your claim and take it up with Cyclelab?

Thanks,

The MiWayMTB Team

I have had nothing but good vibes from miway! both bikes stolen, replacements found no problem. I did not like the replacements that they could get from their approved suppliers and so they just gave me the value of the bikes cash!

House got broken into, replaced everything no questions asked.

Just a quick note to say thanks so much for the thumbs up and positive review!

The MiWayMTB Team

Edited by MiWayMTB

You got to at least give credit to MiWay for coming here and saying something.

I had huge issue with them in the past, which came out here, and they did contact me over that as well.

Look, I wont use them, but well done guys.