Mtb SS 94.7

jcmeyerSS

So who's SS te 94.7 on their MTB.

When you starting?

I'm on my blue GT peace 9er

Running cross marks and 34:18

Supposed to start at 9:02 but gonna ride with mates at 9:45.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

E @ 6;40 something .

33/15

Ritchey WCS tires and a Giant XTC29er

gonna be so much fun hagling the roadies .

Goodluck to all doing it , have fun boys !

Starting 9:32 but still unsure about bike . Still don't know on what bike . If I canget my 29 frame today from Post Office then it will be 36/18 else on the 26" with 36/16 .

Yip, was suppose to start in L(7:19) but will hang back for S(7:45) batch...getting my boet through his first 94.7, 32 x 18....fun in da sun.

Yip, was suppose to start in L(7:19) but will hang back for S(7:45) batch...getting my boet through his first 94.7, 32 x 18....fun in da sun.

You are going to spin like a top. Respect

You are going to spin like a top. Respect

You havent seen my boet, he is a big boy...I am his domestique for the day(spares, mechanic nad waterbottle bitch), don't want to drop him on the climbs so chose 18 so that I can sorta stay with him...we aiming for 5 hours plus eek.gif

32x18 eek.gif

32x18 eek.gif

Yip see above...if I was by myself would have probably looked at 32x14 but alas. couldn't be bothered.

You havent seen my boet, he is a big boy...I am his domestique for the day(spares, mechanic nad waterbottle bitch), don't want to drop him on the climbs so chose 18 so that I can sorta stay with him...we aiming for 5 hours plus eek.gif

I am going to ride with my dad on his first 94.7. The old man is 67 and started cycling last year. I am proud.

I am going to ride with my dad on his first 94.7. The old man is 67 and started cycling last year. I am proud.

Same boat as you...my boet is sitting on 110kg came down from 125kg with hypertension in the last 2 months. He is very nervous and wouldn't know what to do if he gets a puncture. So I offered to take him through his first one. Luckily we in the corporate batch S so we don't start too late. Just want him to feel the vibe, take in the race and have a jol while getting a medal. Don't want to drop him on the climbs, hence me going 32 x 18. Ouboet will help him, super proud too.

You bad boys mind adding the weight of your ss next to you gear ratio? Always interested in weight but no one else bothers :(

How you boys do on your SS's ?

Eldron and Myself 2h58 ........... 33/15

power meneer....well done!

Did 4:01, but failed in my goal to get my boet home(pushed way too hard in the beginning and he had 0 matches left after n14)...gutted sad.png

You bad boys mind adding the weight of your ss next to you gear ratio? Always interested in weight but no one else bothers :(

Mine's 9.9kg - Steel Niner with carbon fork and SLX/XT mix and Shimano MT75 wheels.

I'm super stoked beat my time from last year.

2011- 7hrs25

2012- 6hrs30

Don't know what my bike weighs but its alot more with me on it. all steel front to back

Edited by jcmeyerSS