The Bara Christmas Mass Ride

Megan Earl

Hi Riders,

Please join us in this charity ride! its for a good cause and there's nothing like spreading some christmas cheer to some awesome, brave children.

please go to www.raide2raise.co.za to enter

Thanks

Megan

post-29740-0-52854700-1353589967_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Yep, ride2raise managed to raise just over R160k for the Bara burn unit. This is what was sent out to the riders before sunday:

Thanks a stack

What we set out to achieve has far been exceeded. With an overwhelming response from riders and donators, we will be a merry group of about 250 riders and will be able to bring every child in the hospital a Christmas gift.

A special thanks to Maureen Gleeson who motivated a donation of R130k from RMB Bank. We have no words!

Thank you to SSWC2011, the Swampdogs, Taste of Africa, Bishop Baven School Grade 6 class, Beswick Machinery who have given generously.

Your entry contribution, together with the above donations, will enable the Bara Burn Unit to purchase a much needed Dermatome machine which costs R160k and the original Healing Pad. We all surpassed our expectations.

KFC have kindly donated chicken for 70 nurses.

Dunkeld Cycles, Morningside Cycles and Cycle Hub-Rietvlei for being our bag depots.

To Think Bike, Critical Mass and the Swampdogs for looking after us.

To Smile Toys, for donating additional toys, so every child receives the gift of Christmas.

if anyone has pictures from Sunday, please can you email them to me on megan@restsa.co.za

I was part of the team who had the honour of handing out the pressies to the children...it really was a very humbling experience. especially to the kids in the burn unit. I dont think anyone understands the gravity of what these kids have to endure until you have walked through the burn unit. Bringing a smile to a kid, was the best feeling in the world...so far nothing has ever topped that, and i doubt it ever will.

thanks again to the oragnisers for including me in this event....one of my best yet

great article on this ride!

http://dailymaverick...s-critical-mass

I rode quite a bit with the early cape town critical mass rides, before it all got a bit hijacked and the corporates came in. nice to see an actual cause to work for here, and looked like fun too.

Brilliant one guys

I beleive that this ended up rasing 150K

Much respect.

Yes it did......read above as to what i have posted