Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

The EMS information is accurate, though not always up to date, they track the parcel to your doorstep.

At the moment EMS info is up to date as nothing has happened for 2 to 3 weeks.

Unfortunately the post office is on strike, I've had parcels sitting in customs in Joburg for 3 weeks with no movement. But that is not EMS or any seller's fault. It is our workforce wanting more than they produce....

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it says it's being transported, it's on it's way. EMS isn't like DHL or FedEx etc. There's a reason it's free and not charged for like express shipping methods. Just be patient. Tell them you'll remove the dispute as soon as the tracking shows it has arrived in the country.

Alibaba is not a mickey mouse organisation, and for as long as you have the dispute logged, they wont release your money to the seller.

I waited 3.5 weeks for my wheels to arrive and am still waiting for some kit I ordered even before I placed the order for the wheels. I tracked it and it's here, but EMS locally is a division of the SAPO, who are in and out of striking, so I expected the delays. I applied for an extension on the protection this morning and they've done so, even though they can see it's in SA.

I doubt you're in the process of being screwed, just be extremely patient.

I will concur with what is said here, Aliexpress is part of Alibaba and is a huge online organisation that does millions of transactions daily (mostly in China, think Amazon of China) and has just listed on the New York Stock Exchange.. google if you want to check.

I'm currently in China and spoke to my colleague. He said the payment is held with Alibaba/Aliexpress until there is a proof of delivery (signature or courier scan at final destination).

He did say to lodge a dispute as this keeps the delivery open. However, if after they (Aliexpress) see the goods are delivered and the dispute hasn't been closed, they close it anyway and settle the supplier within 7 days after delivery.

Some of my colleague's friends are involved with Aliexpress and they say that suppliers are growing impatient with the SAPO delays, and also in other regions too. Alibaba/Aliexpress lose out too as they will have less turnover (yes, every cent matters to the owner). Suppliers may choose to limit delivery to SA, therefore we SA consumers are being screwed over by inefficient local governmunt services.

Hey guys I bought this blank frame from someone on the hub , he did not have any info on the frames history , brand or supplier so was just wondering if someone maybe know what model this is . I know its like searching for a needle in a haystack , just thought I might get lucky

post-47003-0-45112000-1412002091_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1herman12

I'm currently in China and spoke to my colleague. He said the payment is held with Alibaba/Aliexpress until there is a proof of delivery (signature or courier scan at final destination).

He did say to lodge a dispute as this keeps the delivery open. However, if after they (Aliexpress) see the goods are delivered and the dispute hasn't been closed, they close it anyway and settle the supplier within 7 days after delivery.

Some of my colleague's friends are involved with Aliexpress and they say that suppliers are growing impatient with the SAPO delays, and also in other regions too. Alibaba/Aliexpress lose out too as they will have less turnover (yes, every cent matters to the owner). Suppliers may choose to limit delivery to SA, therefore we SA consumers are being screwed over by inefficient local governmunt services.

Great , well I'm leaving it open till it's here . Do u know what is outcome if it doesn't arrive in 60 days ? Seems I'm 18 days away from that .or does nothing happen until I recieve the item ( not time defendant.. . ? )

You can raise a dispute through Aliexpress but as it seems greatkeen have sent the item and is perhaps why they refuse the dispute.  Businesses on Aliexpress dont like a negative rating as it will affect their business and am surprised they are not in discussions with you on the matter.

I have done a fair bit of shopping on Aliexpress and often when the item is sent the tracking number will say having left China but take a week or so before it is picked up again being tracked out of hong kong or elsewhere.  

For parcels out of China I use this tracking http://www.17track.net/index_en.shtml

Have found it pretty accurate, and will give destination by destination as it gets shipped, you can also click on start and destination links to try and get more accurate info.

I have a frame bought through Aliexpress at beginning of September, it was shipped on 25th, tracking number says left point of origin in China, am still waiting for it to be tracked further but i know it is the norm for the system to update slowly.

As soon as it says in SA use http://www.trackmyparcel.co.za/ and search using your international tracking number, it will give you the local tracking number.

When expecting stuff from China you need a lot of patience!

Great I've learnt allot from all the post!

Quick technical question regarding BB's. I will admit im not the most astute when it comes to these things. The frame I am about to purchase comes in BB30 or BB68. The groupset is Simano Hollowtech II Bottom Bracket SM-BBR60 BSA. Will this all be compatible? AM I buying the right thing?

Quick technical question regarding BB's. I will admit im not the most astute when it comes to these things. The frame I am about to purchase comes in BB30 or BB68. The groupset is Simano Hollowtech II Bottom Bracket SM-BBR60 BSA. Will this all be compatible? AM I buying the right thing?

You want the BB68.