The definitive Sani2C 2013 thread

Stretch

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

crikey! - Byron did 6:34 up the steep bit of push of a climb....pretty impressive

I managed a paltry 9:07!

lol - back wheel clipped a stump?

There was a tree on the left, with orange spraypaint on. I missed that one, but behind it lurked a smaller tree. and that one i clipped with my shoulder and handlebar. I kinda knew it was going to end funny when i chose my line...

looks much worse than it was.

I still have to edit and upload the part where my teammate clipped a stump...

So my mate was the guy that got to sleep in the Caravan at Jolivet for coming in last on Day2 of the trail.

Was like staying at the Hilton - Beers in the fridge and eveything.

Now the reason they came in last, was his partner struggled on day2 - But she is a legend amongst legends for even getting on her bike that morning - The day before she bought a farm around about the halfway mark - Knocked out !! Besides being out cold, gashed her elbow open - six stitches and had chainring gouges in her cheek. I know men who would have pulled out of the race with less issues !

So my mate was the guy that got to sleep in the Caravan at Jolivet for coming in last on Day2 of the trail.

Was like staying at the Hilton - Beers in the fridge and eveything.

Now the reason they came in last, was his partner struggled on day2 - But she is a legend amongst legends for even getting on her bike that morning - The day before she bought a farm around about the halfway mark - Knocked out !! Besides being out cold, gashed her elbow open - six stitches and had chainring gouges in her cheek. I know men who would have pulled out of the race with less issues !

So, THAT'S what the caravan was for, I just walked past and wondered who the softies were that stayed there. Sorry, for my disrespect. :blush:

Edited by DJR

floating bridge

That was classic. Sounds like you guys had a blast.

crikey! - Byron did 6:34 up the steep bit of push of a climb....pretty impressive

I managed a paltry 9:07!

Next year I'll take 30s off of that. :devil:

I also averaged 26.4km/h over the floating bridge. If I think back now, that could have been a spectacular fall. http://app.strava.com/segments/4170262

Unfortunately the GoPro's memory card was filled just before Vernon Crooks. :thumbdown:

Edited by Helpmytrap

How eerie was early part of Race day 2. Riding in singletrack before WOW, felt like riding on wet glass, was so slippery, in the rain, with visibility about 50cms in front from the mist. You know it drops savagely to the side but can't see the edge and with every pedal stroke you slide! Brilliant. Will stick in my mind forever that.

So will the first 20m of the 360life bridge. The part where you just know you going to bin it. And then you don't.

Next year I'll take 30s off of that. :devil:

I also averaged 26.4km/h over the floating bridge If I think back now, that could have been a spectacular fall.

i reckon the faster you go the better......we had a chop stop halfway and consider life and general so i will be position 600 odd on that strava log

Question, who of you received your pictures taken on the floating bridge, the ones with the Nedbank border?

And if you did, did you receive it via email?

Question, who of you received your pictures taken on the floating bridge, the ones with the Nedbank border?

And if you did, did you receive it via email?

I did, via mail. Look lekker moeg in it as well !