Update on Benoni / Kempton Bike Hijack and Rape

Shangri la

From Wolfram Zwecker

Hi guys.

Three accused (26, 28 and 38) charged with the rape of a 26 year old cyclist were denied bail in the Kempton Park regional court today.

These are the guys who held up the brother and sister who were out riding their bikes near the Benoni off-ramp on the R21 highway to Pta.

They tied them up and later raped the sister. A week later, with the help of eBlockwatch and Andre, they were arrested.

No info was given about number 1, (he did not apply for bail) but 2 and 3 are serious jailbirds.

Number 2 has been convicted 10 (ten) times since 1993, number 3 about 8 times.

The case has been postponed to 18 July awaiting D NA results. All 3 have made confessions and pointed out the crime scene so the case looks good. It will be heard in the high court. Gang rape carries a life (25 years) sentence. "Normal" rape is 15.

The 10 cases of theft/robberies in the Kempton area, where cyclists were robbed of their bikes do not look so rosy. None of the suspects were ID at the ID parade, so they can only be charged with being in possession of stolen goods. (and a bike, even worth thousands, is not high on our magistrates list as worst evils).

They are being charged in the Tembisa regional courts.

Moral of the story, if you get robbed, try (easily said) and get as much info of the robber, as possible. Afterwards keep in touch with the investigating officer (easier said than done).

If they could have ID' the robbers, a case of organized crime could have been build, going from Tembisa (Kempton) all the way back to Mozambique. That would have meant a sentenc e of 10/15 years, now we are looking at a slap on the wrist.

Let's hope the bastards get out away for as long as possible.

I still can't believe rape doesn't get life... That's what they take from the victims.

I cant believe with all those conviction rate's these bastard's still roam the streets. It surely shows that the justice system sucks and they cannot at all be rehabilitated.

From Wolfram Zwecker

Hi guys.

Number 2 has been convicted 10 (ten) times since 1993, number 3 about 8 times.

What the f.... I guess that happens to a coun try when you make an icon from a fn terrorist jaibird rubbish!!!!

What the f.... I guess that happens to a coun try when you make an icon from a fn terrorist jaibird rubbish!!!!

That is a very unfortunate comment pastapouch.

Edited by Dusty

You might want to elaborate.

You might want to elaborate.

You might want to give up there with this particular member…don't feed the troll, right?

Let's stick to the topic…

Thanks for the update, Shangri-la, any idea of when the next court date is?

Edit: Just read the last line. Sorry…

Edited by Tumbleweed

You might want to give up there with this particular member…don't feed the troll, right?

Let's stick to the topic…

Thanks for the update, Shangri-la, any idea of when the next court date is?

Edit: Just read the last line. Sorry…

Guess that's true. Didn't know he was famous for losing track of the matter - am happy to hear the news that these monsters got arrested. I don't eve want to start to imagine how they changed the victims life forever. :-(

Guess that's true. Didn't know he was famous for losing track of the matter - am happy to hear the news that these monsters got arrested. I don't eve want to start to imagine how they changed the victims life forever. :-(

Yeah, let's hope they have the strength within themselves, and from their families and friends to get past this.