Urgent appeal for assistance!!

Wannabe

This is an earnest call for assistance for a worthy cause.I'm sure a lot of you know (or know of) Maroesjka Mathee. She is a very talented track cyclist (and a more than decent road cyclist too).Maroesjka needs our help as she needs to go overseas to try and further her cycling career. As I said, she is very talented track cyclist, having won 8 x Gold and 1 x Bronze medal at the SA Champs a few months back.Maroesjka now needs to go overseas to the Lehigh Country Velodrome, situated in Trexlertown (T-Town) Pennsylvania. This is the place where all the top track cyclists from all over the world goes to for training. This is necessary as she wants to qualify for the Commonwealth Games, but the opposition for here in RSA is not strong enough the help her / push her to qualify.The problem is that Maroesjka needs some money to go, she has already bought her own Plane Ticket and paid some of the expenses there, but she is still short of about R15 000.00. She will be there for two months (August and September 2013). Her flight has been booked for 28 July, returning 28 Sept 2013.She has approached both CSA and PPA for funding, but was told that even though she has the talent and qualifies for funding, they do not have the money to help her (YEAH, RIGHT!!!!)I'm sure that if all of us club in a few hundred rand, we will quickly make up the deficit in her budget, and maybe even allow her some extra spending money while she is there.I'm going to give Maroesjka's mail addy, then you can contact her directly to get her Bank details from her. I'm not going to get involved in the money matters, I'm only trying to get donations for her. You can mail her at maroesjka@gmail.com or phone 021 914 4745.Come on Guys and Gals, I know you have good hearts, it has been proven time and again when other people in need was helped out by the kindhearted Hubbers.MODS, CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE THIS SUBJECT STICKY UNTIL THE FUNDS HAS BEEN COLLECTED.

Edited by Wannabe

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tumbles, I do not think she is very active on the hub, but her hub name is still Fire.

Edited by Wannabe

sticky made

when does she need the money by?

edit: helps to read a bit

Thanks Slow one. :thumbup:

Guest Frail4Life

This is an earnest call for assistance for a worthy cause.

I'm sure a lot of you know (or know of) Maroesjka Mathee. She is a very talented track cyclist (and a more than decent road cyclist too).

Maroesjka needs our help as she needs to go overseas to try and further her cycling career. As I said, she is very talented track cyclist, having won 8 x Gold and 1 x Bronze medal at the SA Champs a few months back.

Maroesjka now needs to go overseas to the Lehigh Country Velodrome, situated in Trexlertown (T-Town) Pennsylvania. This is the place where all the top track cyclists from all over the world goes to for training. This is necessary as she wants to qualify for the Commonwealth Games, but the opposition for here in RSA is not strong enough the help her / push her to qualify.

The problem is that Maroesjka needs some money to go, she has already bought her own Plane Ticket and paid some of the expenses there, but she is still short of about R15 000.00. She will be there for two months (August and September 2013). Her flight has been booked for 28 July, returning 28 Sept 2013.

She has approached both CSA and PPA for funding, but was told that even though she has the talent and qualifies for funding, they do not have the money to help her (YEAH, RIGHT!!!!)

I'm sure that if all of us club in a few hundred rand, we will quickly make up the deficit in her budget, and maybe even allow her some extra spending money while she is there.

I'm going to give Maroesjka's mail addy, then you can contact her directly to get her Bank details from her. I'm not going to get involved in the money matters, I'm only trying to get donations for her. You can mail her at maroesjka@gmail.com or phone 021 914 4745.

Come on Guys and Gals, I know you have good hearts, it has been proven time and again when other people in need was helped out by the kindhearted Hubbers.

MODS, CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE THIS SUBJECT STICKY UNTIL THE FUNDS HAS BEEN COLLECTED.

I WILL started the ball rolling!

Here is R1000!

I wish you the best Maroesjka.

Guest Frail4Life

This is an earnest call for assistance for a worthy cause.

I'm sure a lot of you know (or know of) Maroesjka Mathee. She is a very talented track cyclist (and a more than decent road cyclist too).

Maroesjka needs our help as she needs to go overseas to try and further her cycling career. As I said, she is very talented track cyclist, having won 8 x Gold and 1 x Bronze medal at the SA Champs a few months back.

Maroesjka now needs to go overseas to the Lehigh Country Velodrome, situated in Trexlertown (T-Town) Pennsylvania. This is the place where all the top track cyclists from all over the world goes to for training. This is necessary as she wants to qualify for the Commonwealth Games, but the opposition for here in RSA is not strong enough the help her / push her to qualify.

The problem is that Maroesjka needs some money to go, she has already bought her own Plane Ticket and paid some of the expenses there, but she is still short of about R15 000.00. She will be there for two months (August and September 2013). Her flight has been booked for 28 July, returning 28 Sept 2013.

She has approached both CSA and PPA for funding, but was told that even though she has the talent and qualifies for funding, they do not have the money to help her (YEAH, RIGHT!!!!)

I'm sure that if all of us club in a few hundred rand, we will quickly make up the deficit in her budget, and maybe even allow her some extra spending money while she is there.

I'm going to give Maroesjka's mail addy, then you can contact her directly to get her Bank details from her. I'm not going to get involved in the money matters, I'm only trying to get donations for her. You can mail her at maroesjka@gmail.com or phone 021 914 4745.

Come on Guys and Gals, I know you have good hearts, it has been proven time and again when other people in need was helped out by the kindhearted Hubbers.

MODS, CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE THIS SUBJECT STICKY UNTIL THE FUNDS HAS BEEN COLLECTED.

Here is R1000!

Here is R1000!

Thanks D. You will have to contact Maroesjka directly for her Bank details.

Guest Frail4Life

Thanks D. You will have to contact Maroesjka directly for her Bank details.

Thanks Andre for posting this news.

I have made contact with Maroesjka.

I have also put foreward a request to a few Departments / Devisions here at Sanlam Head Office.

Waiting with baited breath to see what will happen.

Lets see what th Avg speed is for this weekends race - I may be able to R1000 toward Maroesjka once I know if the target of 1h49min / 44km/h is achieve or not!

Lets see what th Avg speed is for this weekends race - I may be able to R1000 toward Maroesjka once I know if the target of 1h49min / 44km/h is achieve or not!

Is that for Cat 1 or 2??

Guys, no help for this lady?

Spoke to her and the response so far was disapointing. I hope it is just a case of you waiting for Pay day to come so you can help out.