Freedom trail route tour

Moriarty

I am interested in doing the freedom challenge route as a tour in spring (anytime between august to october) of this year, I am ok with doing it alone but company would be nice. Anyone interested?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am interested in doing the freedom challenge route as a tour in spring (anytime between august to october) of this year, I am ok with doing it alone but company would be nice. Anyone interested?

Look me up when you get to Prince Albert :)

Yes, but I do things rather slowly and I rest a lot.

Always wanted to do it. Have contacted the organizers to do it solo and the cost is R500/day. Bit heavy........I do things cheaply even if I have to sleep under a tree.

Let me know what you have in mind? You a racing snake?

Yes, but I do things rather slowly and I rest a lot.

Always wanted to do it. Have contacted the organizers to do it solo and the cost is R500/day. Bit heavy........I do things cheaply even if I have to sleep under a tree.

Let me know what you have in mind? You a racing snake?

It is a bit pricey but you have to remember that the money goes towards developing the route as an adventure attraction for SA, sort of like the Appalchian trail in the USA. No, not a racing snake but would be looking to do a fairly solid ride (about 6-8 hours) each day.

OK guys, stop messing about..... ;)

Catch the train from Cape Town to Prince Albert Road. (If it's too late, you can be collected and taken the 45km to Prince Albert.)

Then ride back to Cape Town via the Swartberg Pass, Gamkaskloof, Die Leer, Rouxpos, Anysberg, Montagu, etc.........

Come on, you know you'll enjoy it.

Just do it :)

Sounds like the way to go. Will be in touch. I am moer keen.

Johann you are a star!

Johann you are a star!

Johann you are a star!

OK, so how many of you do I collect at "Die Stasie" tomorrow evening ...;)

Seriously, I can help with planning and logistics, so keep in touch. You could become members of the Dikwiel Kommando before you know it.

are you planning on doing the entire route or just part of it?

I personally would try to do as much of it as possible but would leave out the "expensive" bits and avoid the red tape. Johann has just posted an alternative. I think I am in.

I will need a klaar uit pass. how long we looking at ?

As long as it takes. I for one will certainly not be racing.

@Johann- How long will "your" route take including oversleeping?

I will need a klaar uit pass. how long we looking at ?

Days of riding 4-6, depending on how far you want to go.

Choose a time other than mid-summer.

For Capetonians, it's lekker option because you end up almost where you started and the train option removes the hassle of cars being stuck at the far end.

Would love to be part of Dikwiel Kommando. Is this a panniers and camping or lightweight bikepacking and BnB kindof trip?

Would love to be part of Dikwiel Kommando. Is this a panniers and camping or lightweight bikepacking and BnB kindof trip?

you can only come if you bring your single speed