Freedom challenge 2013 route access issues

johannrissik

The route now goes through the anysberg main gate, I don't think anyone will miss the sand.

Yes there are public roads close by that can be utilise as a detour :thumbup: Just know that you wont have to climb over the fences of the Anysberg Nature Reserve anymore or apply for a permit to go through there :thumbup:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Busy reading the trail notes and this is the comment in there about the Gamkaskloof/Boshluiskloof route , don't know if it has been posted already : Note that despite the owners' attempts to close it off, this is a public right of way. Climb the fence and if you are stopped tell the person:

- you were a guest of the Jouberts

- it is an historical route

- they should contact their lawyers (with whom the Freedom Challenge attorneys have already dealt)

So, basically, the dispute has not been resolved then?

I came across this thread through internet searches after I heard about the issue so I'm not sure about others that you refer to. I only speak from a perspective of someone who enjoys the place for a reason other than passing through on a mountain bike. Anyway, you all seem to think that the only right answer is yours and that the people who actually own the property have no say in the matter.

YES/NO question...are you in any related to the owners of the property? It's a very basic and obvious question to ask because you've arrived at a rather 'coincidental time' for an internet search and thread revive.

YES/NO question...are you in any related to the owners of the property? It's a very basic and obvious question to ask because you've arrived at a rather 'coincidental time' for an internet search and thread revive.

My thoughts too Shebeen