Oops I did it again, cracked frame. (and again)

Rouxenator

Not sure how it happened, but I have yet another cracked frame. Its only been 6 months since I got the frame after my previous frame cracked (after a year).

The biks shop says it is on a welding spot so there is no doubt that it will be replaced under warranty but now I'm left without a MTB for about two weeks :-(

Edited by Rouxenator

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how it happened, but I have yet another cracked frame. Its only been 6 months since I got the frame after my previous frame cracked (after a year).

The biks shop says it is on a welding spot so there is no doubt that it will be replaced under warranty but now I'm left without a MTB for about two weeks :-(

Why you doing mountain biking on a pick n pay special?

giant anthem?

First frame that cracked after a year was a 2012 GT Karakoram. Current frame that cracked is a 2013 Zaskar Le 9R Pro.

Actually very tempted to just buy a pick'n'pay special as backup now.

Edited by Rouxenator

First frame that cracked after a year was a 2012 GT Karakoram. Current frame that cracked is a 2013 Zaskar Le 9R Pro.

<- explains a lot

:thumbup:

Apologies for the reference to PnP, just thought I'd try a different tactic to force you to reveal the proper brand.

Owbout some pics of the cracks so we the hub collective can decide if its abuse abuse or just normal normal abuse

:thumbup:

Apologies for the reference to PnP, just thought I'd try a different tactic to force you to reveal the proper brand.

Owbout some pics of the cracks so we the hub collective can decide if its abuse abuse or just normal normal abuse

My guerss would be JRA :whistling:

Its at the bike shop, did not know about the crack until they told me the freebody sounds a bit dodgy and if I would like to have it checked out. I thought what the heck, while it is there to get serviced they might as well check out anything that is not 100%. So they called me a while later and said it cracked on one of the welds where the hanger connects to the frame. Apparently it is a manufacturing fault so they have to do a warranty claim.

My choice of backup MTB at the moment is either a 2008 Silverback Oakland size XS or a 2009 Silverback Reno Femme size M... If they do not finish my bike by the first of September then I'll have to ride like a lady or a midget.

When I bought my DS I was going to sell my hardtail for a bit of spare cash, thankfully I didnt for this very reason!

Was just a few months later and my frame broke!

• 9 months later...

Oops, and again - 3rd frame down...

So that makes it 1x Karakoram and 2x Zaskar

Think it's time for a custom vinyl that reads GT destroyer.... on the new frame ofcourse! :)

Edited by Vangar