Have you ever crashed so hard...

Squier

... that you rip both soles right off your shoes?!?!

post-7796-0-80938400-1377145495_thumb.jpg

Took a bit of a tumble at Big Red Barn on Saturday. Carried too much speed down a descent, into a drop off, into a corner... and subsequently, rather ineloquently, dismounted by tossing myself over the handlebars.

Now, I've gone over the handlebars before, but never have I ripped the soles of my shoes. I was wearing my Sidi Dominator Pro 5's which are about 18 months old. So, the shoes aren't new and have some mileage on them, but I didn't expect this. I'm baffled.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... that you rip both soles right off your shoes?!?!

post-7796-0-80938400-1377145495_thumb.jpg

Took a bit of a tumble at Big Red Barn on Saturday. Carried too much speed down a descent, into a drop off, into a corner... and subsequently, rather ineloquently, dismounted by tossing myself over the handlebars.

Now, I've gone over the handlebars before, but never have I ripped the soles of my shoes. I was wearing my Sidi Dominator Pro 5's which are about 18 months old. So, the shoes aren't new and have some mileage on them, but I didn't expect this. I'm baffled.

LOL

You shoulda been riding with flat pedals :-)

Looks like the cleats/soles we're not ready to follow you over the bars

Are you at least still in one piece?

Luckily, yes! Remarkably, hardly a scratch. Don't know how that happened. It was one of my harder crashes...

I say take the soles and epoxy them to a pair of plakkies or crocs....will make for a good laugh

:eek: rather the Havanas dude!