[Resolved] THULE / Epic Failure/Disgusted

awesme

I suggest that in all fairness you should change your thread title a little bit, seeing that Thule SA was never involved and not even aware of your issue. Give them a blast if they don't help or reply to your liking, but until then, play fair. Still your choise, just my 2c.

Here on thehub we never let logic and common sense get in the way of a good rant. Why not somme blame it on Apartheid and the Catholic Church as well.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here on thehub we never let logic and common sense get in the way of a good rant. Why not somme blame it on Apartheid and the Catholic Church as well.

You left out satan and muslims

Fair enough, will do.

G

I suggest that in all fairness you should change your thread title a little bit, seeing that Thule SA was never involved and not even aware of your issue. Give them a blast if they don't help or reply to your liking, but until then, play fair. Still your choise, just my 2c.

I did, and as I said, we thought since this was an electrical problem, it would probably been easier for Thule to resolve, with a bigger Thule product volume on site,

G

Still curious as to why Cycle Labs was not approached about the problem with the item....Three sides to every story....

Yah, well I have made my point but I am bored and feel like waxing lyrical as us old timers are want to do.

As I said previously never just look at a customer as a dollar sign, think of them as future ambassadors for your company and I will bore you with a short story to show the point......

Many years ago a young fella walked into our workshop with a Chinese motorbike engine, the head had cracked and he couldnt find any dealer to help him. In desperation and on the off chance he came to us.

I took a look, called over one of my journeymen and asked him if he could take a look and see if he could sort it out when he gets a chance. I told the young fella I cant guarantee it today or tomorrow but as soon as its done I'll give him a call.

A few days later we had aluminium welded it, milled it straight and for all intents and purposes it was ready to go, I called the fella and said its ready, he was there in a flash and asked how much, I said its fine, dont worry about it.

Now even though it was only an hour or two of my journeyman's time, if I costed our time the job cost me money, but I have always believed you cant get out if you dont put in, we could help and we did, thats all there was to it.

Anyway, a few weeks later a guy rolled up in my reception office, it was the young lads father we had helped, he came to ask if we could help at the factory he worked at, they had a big engineering job out for tender and thought we could quote.

We were not clients of this company at the time and would never had known about the tender if it were not for the fact the young fella told his father we had helped him and he in turn returned the favor.

Never underestimate the power of a happy client.

I did, and as I said, we thought since this was an electrical problem, it would probably been easier for Thule to resolve, with a bigger Thule product volume on site,

G

Interesting, so Cycle Lab fobs off the problem to someone else and you take offense to the Thule Shops not being interested.

while i agree that the shops should probably have bent over backwards to sort the problem(and win the customer from the bike shop), we, as consumers, do not have any idea what Thule procedures for warranty claims are.

GrumpyOldGuy, i could not agree with you more, the customer is king, i never turn anyone away directly, always try go that extra mile...you never know when they will refer you to a bigger job that could make that tiny little bit of work worth your while....

So I bought a Thule EuroWay G2 923 from a Cyclelab (Authorised dealer) on Tuesday, had some problems with the rear lights, they did not work/match my car, so had the car toe point checked by Bosal (they fitted it) and confirmed it's all working fine/wired to SABS standards etc.

Phoned a Thule dealer (Boksberg) on Friday morning, told since it was not bought from him, but Cyclelab (according to hime, Thule SA and Cyclelab both buy their stock from the same importer) I have to return to the bike shop, since this was electrical I though I'd rather have a Thule agent fix it than expect the Cyclelab to have to resolve the problem so went to another Thule dealer (Ceedar) this morning, again confirmed the problem, but got told they don't have stock, I then suggested we just swop out the light units/bar with another unit's that they have in stock, hmm, no go, no interest to help further, (at this point the techie helping me disappeared and maybe a manager returned with a phone to his ear, on the phone with Cyclelab) then got told I have to take the unit back to the Cyclelab, basically not their problem since it was not bought from them.

I bought Thule for the name, for the backup/support. Epic failure.

Ye I went to the bike shop, and the guys there went out of their way to resolve the problem, they also did not have the same unit, but they were happy to swop the lights out from a 921.

Making me wonder if I will ever buy Thule again.

G

My goodness

Really? this is a joke..

You left out satan and muslims

They are not controversial enough.

Edited by GLuvsMtb

And some will never be happy, not even if you paint them with chocolate.

Sadly, Yes, there are those folk, and sadly, Yes, they drain your energy, but I figure you just do what you can as best you can, you will never please everyone, but you will please those that matter.

That's what I was getting at. The OP's rant was targetted at the wrong people. Complain, demand all you want, but get your facts straight.

Hi all

An update.

Spoke to Thule SA today, explained the happenings last week,

Result, Thule SA's view is any/all agencies/stores are obliged to help/service/assist any client, irrespective from where the unit was bought, if this included swapping bits out or the entire unit then so be it,

The cost of the return of the faulty bits to Thule SA, and the refund/replacement of the new unit is for Thule SA's account.

2nd It happens/came to light that the owner of the Ceedar square store happens to be the owner of the other store also. He has been contacted by Thule SA already to ensure this does not happen again.

Has also been contacted by William from Thule Woodmead, to offer assistance, he informed me he carries the largest assortment of spares to assist with any problem with Thule products.

G

Nice, hope those twits at the Thule franchises that wouldn't sort you out get hauled over the coals.

Got the impression the polite discussion/call he got from Head Office was something of the sort.

G

Nice, hope those twits at the Thule franchises that wouldn't sort you out get hauled over the coals.