[Event] Orbit Tour De Worcester

Berry

Event Name: Orbit Tour De Worcester
When: 8 September 2013
Where: Worcester, Western Cape
Category: Road

My PPALoginContact UsHomeAbout PPAJoin/Renew NowSeedingResultsPedal Power AssociationRoadMTBBMXSafe CyclingProjectsEvents« Back to EventsOrbit Tour de WorcesterStart:8 September 2013Category:RoadOrganizer:Lions Club of WorcesterPhone:082 7759242Email:hanno@merwida.comVenue:Kleinplasie Show GroundsAddress:Google MapWorcester, South AfricaThe event will start at the Kleinplasie show grounds (Kleinplasie Plaasmuseum) in Worcester, which means both routes will hit the few small climbs through Brandwacht (including “Leeu se Nek”) now shortly after the start. Enjoy the breather on the flat section before turning right towards the R101 and left onto the R101 towards Rawsonville. The R101 is a narrow road; keep well left of the centre line at all times. Both routes then turn left before participants pedal through Rawsonville (caution: potholes in the main road).   Once through Rawsonville, cyclists will pedal past the turn-off to Louwshoek (where the previous venue was), and continue towards Worcester past the Nekkies Resort. Turn right onto the R43 towards Villiersdorp and left towards Nuy/Robertson. The routes split at the R60 Robertson Road T-junction.The 94 km riders will turn right onto the R60 towards Robertson before turning left towards Nuy. This loop includes 1,8 km of well-prepared gravel road before returning to the R60 and Worcester. The new finish is in a side road on the Robertson side of Kleinplasie – watch out for the marshals signalling a right turn into Perkins St about 600m before the finish.The 65 km riders will turn left towards Worcester when they reach the R60. The finish is as above.DISTANCES    94 km, 65 kmSTARTING TIMES   94 km @ 07h30, 65 km @ 08h30ORGANISING COMMITTEE  Lions Club WorcesterVENUE     Kleinplasie show grounds, R60, WorcesterENQUIRIES    Hanno ConradiePHONE     082 775 9242EMAIL     hanno@merwida.comPRIZE GIVING     13h00CUT-OFF    13h30PRE-ENTRIES CLOSE   05 September 2012Click here to enter online now!DIRECTIONS TO VENUEFrom Cape Town, take the N1 towards Worcester. Turn right at the traffic light (Roux St), 2 km after the flyover, towards Robertson and the R60. At the intersection with Hoog Street (the Main Road), turn left and right again at the next traffic light toward Robertson. Kleinplasie will be on your left. Follow the signs to the parking area. GPS co-ordinates: S 33° ’38 33”; E 19° ’28 04”NOTESThe only change to the 2011 route is that the 19 km on the R43 and Goudinweg road is replaced with 16 km on the R101, due to roadworks. All riders under 10 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.  Remember to wear your PPA funride number. No helmet, no ride. No transponder, no time – PPA pays for its members to be electronically timed by Racetec.DistancePre-EntriesLate Entries Entry Fee(non-PPA)PPA discounted entry feeEntry Fee(non-PPA)PPA discounted entry fee94 kmR110R100R140R11565 kmR110R100R140R115Temp nrR5   (unseeded)R30   (seeded)R5   (unseeded)R30   (seeded)Share and Enjoy:ICAL IMPORT+ GOOGLE CALENDARPrevious EventNext EventComments are closed.About PPAAnnual General MeetingCycling advocacyFAQPPA CommitteePPA ConstitutionPPA staffWhere does the money go?Join PPABecome a donor/sponsorBecome a MemberBecome a PPA cycling marshalBecome a PPA funrideBecome a PPA memberFind a clubQuick linksContact usMembership benefitsMy PPAPPA Safe Cycling Jersey & Wind JammersSeedingCopyright © 2013 Pedal Power Association. Designed by WebNow.Home | About PPA | Join/Renew Now | Events map | Results & Seeding | Commuting | Login

Go to Event Page

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me! Living in Worcester, so why not! Very fast race! Making it an multi day weekend as theSat is the www.tussenonsfees.co.za 65km mtb and then Sun the Tour! Will be rounding it off on Sun with my birthday celebrations......

My plan is to go, emailed organisers yesterday to confirm if event is going ahead. Have heard rumors of a cancellation due to recent storm damage to roads. Still waiting for a reply. Hopefully PPA will update us timeously if it is cancelled. Weather on the weekend looks clear but cold.

As this is no longer a league event, I cant imagine many people will go through from the other side of the mountain

Me! Living in Worcester, so why not! Very fast race! Making it an multi day weekend as theSat is the www.tussenonsfees.co.za 65km mtb and then Sun the Tour! Will be rounding it off on Sun with my birthday celebrations......

I cant see why Kleinplasie does not atleast open there activities and museum for the day so as to attract more people for the day while we go pedal. Was gonna take the family with so can keep busy there while waiting. Was even considering sleeping over the Saturday. This will be my first Orbit tour as last year was cancelled.

I cant see why Kleinplasie does not atleast open there activities and museum for the day so as to attract more people for the day while we go pedal. Was gonna take the family with so can keep busy there while waiting. Was even considering sleeping over the Saturday. This will be my first Orbit tour as last year was cancelled.

Ja i know! Kleinplasie usualy closed on Sundays. But go have a look at www.tussenonsfees.co.za! There will be a lot to do.

I'm doing it. Making it a training ride. Doing the treck from cpt

Sent via Tapatalk on Xperia T

Looking forward to the 1st fun ride of the "Spring"! Hope the new deep sections don't get damaged on the gravel road. Also hoping to at least hang in my start bunch till the finish.

Anybody with info on the condition of the gravel section?

Sad! No league race! The atmosphere will not be the same.. I rather do 5 hours training than driving all the way to "funride". Blame PPA for not trying harder...

Looking forward to the 1st fun ride of the "Spring"! Hope the new deep sections don't get damaged on the gravel road. Also hoping to at least hang in my start bunch till the finish.

Anybody with info on the condition of the gravel section?

I'll spot that new paint job from a bunch away.

Entered!

100 Randelas not bad not bad.

I'll spot that new paint job from a bunch away.

Entered!

100 Randelas not bad not bad.

Yes Dale! That yellow is like a tracer. No hiding in the bunch under radar :clap: