How do you protect your frame?

flatwheel

That was a lot of reading to convert Linux into Linex.

But yeah, Raceface is awesome. Use it on my mbike.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a lot of reading to convert Linux into Linex.

But yeah, Raceface is awesome. Use it on my mbike.

toe nou......

Linux, Linex, Schmaainex...its the mx shop where you buy prraaaaaap bikes

toe nou......

Linux, Linex, Schmaainex...its the mx shop where you buy prraaaaaap bikes

Yeah, the kind of bikes you take to the golf course :ph34r:

Yeah, the kind of bikes you take to the golf course :ph34r:

kekekekke, the greenkeeper must vloek after one of those have been through

Is this what the "race face" looks like?

http://yachtpals.com/files/userimages/sailing-race-face.jpg

I'm going to need a new roll too. Apparently fork oil that leaks onto a roll of race face, ruins the race face :(

Some one should maybe inform Linex of this... they keep the rolls of Race Face next to the fork oils :ph34r: :lol:

If youre really worried about your paint job and have hairline scratches, and its not a matt based finish. Good old rally car wax. ( ive used it on guitars too and works wonders on anything that has a clear coat...) You'll have to apply it a few times though. Deep scratches? forget it. Besides, ity going to get scratched. i also believe it builds character.

• 5 months later...

Hi Ouens,

Old thread I know, but I like to use the search function first. :ph34r:

I need some of this film stuff, but I think being able to cut your own is the better option (the precut ones dont have lots of choices)

Question is how much would I need for 2 frames? Stays & downtube and where ther is cable rub

Danke

Hi Ouens,

Old thread I know, but I like to use the search function first. :ph34r:

I need some of this film stuff, but I think being able to cut your own is the better option (the precut ones dont have lots of choices)

Question is how much would I need for 2 frames? Stays & downtube and where ther is cable rub

Danke

Depends on how wide it is Fanie. The stuff I buy at chinatown is bout 300mm wide. More than enough for 2 frames. IMHO its better than the geniune "vps" thats *** expensive. The chinatown stuff sells for R40 a meter....

If you cant get some locally give me a shout and ill send you a meter if you like. ;)

Depends on how wide it is Fanie. The stuff I buy at chinatown is bout 300mm wide. More than enough for 2 frames. IMHO its better than the geniune "vps" thats *** expensive. The chinatown stuff sells for R40 a meter....

If you cant get some locally give me a shout and ill send you a meter if you like. ;)

Thx bogus I'm planning to visit our China town tomorrow. What's the stuff called?

One frame is Giant xtc 29er and the other a Silverback Slade. Will let you know if I can't get any

Thx bogus I'm planning to visit our China town tomorrow. What's the stuff called?

One frame is Giant xtc 29er and the other a Silverback Slade. Will let you know if I can't get any

Dunno what its called but if there is a automotive shop they should have rolls off different colours.

Dunno what its called but if there is a automotive shop they should have rolls off different colours.

A few spring rolls and some strolling will be in order then :lol:B)

Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but 3M Helocopter tape 50mm wide does the trick. Contact 3M SA for your local reseller or buy it off Ebay for around 5 squids fora metre or so.

Tom

A few spring rolls and some strolling will be in order then :lol:B)

Archived